[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Duloxetine - side effects???

Duloxetine - side effects???

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby sassyjane » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:13 pm

Ive took my first dose of duloxetine today and feel really off it, sickly and "out ov body" like, plus i feel really drowsy, not sure im liking the feeling.....
<3 Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue, and the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true <3
sassyjane
UKFM Member

Re: Duloxetine - side effects???

Postby shazq » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:27 pm

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby sassyjane » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:57 pm

I might have to try that if the drowsiness etc doesnt go, will see how i go over next few days!!! Xx
<3 Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue, and the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true <3
sassyjane
UKFM Member

Postby sassyjane » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:29 pm

Im on 3rd day of duloxetine, im really restless, feel sick and dizzy, tired, not sleeping, have lost my appetite and when i do it i have to force it, im having hot and cold sweats and i feel fluey, im wondering if to go back to the doctors?? Any thoughts??? X
sassyjane
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:31 pm

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby tentimes » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:40 pm

Any drug that affects levels of nuerotransmitters (any anti-depressant) takes at least a couple of weeks for your system to get used to. Unless you are having really bad side effects that you just can't handle or the medication advice leaflet advises you should tell your Doctor about, I personally would stick with it at least a couple of weeks. This is from experience of taking countless meds over this journey. I have often found that the helpful ones only really became helpful after my body got used to them.

This is only my opinion though, and I would not want to be making light of your side effects - I know only too well how uncomfortable it can be.
tentimes
UKFM Member

Postby sassyjane » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:53 pm

We are thinking i may have flu on top which is making me feel worse, im starting with flu symptoms which cold remedies are helping alittle so gonna tough it out, may feel better once this crap clears, thanx for the advice guys xxx
sassyjane
UKFM Member

Postby Elspeth » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:03 pm

Hello, I've been on Duloxetine for 9 months. First two weeks I had manic overload, then settled down and a huge reduction in pain and increase in energy and wellbeing, depression was down. I suffered with anorgasmia for a few months but my body adjusted to it and now I'm glad to report that I can even have multiple ones now :lol:

If you can handle the initial side effects it's alright in the long term.
Elspeth
UKFM Member

Postby alisoncunliffe0708 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:13 pm

Hi I take Duloxetine for depression. Does anybody suffer with really bad nitemares and hot sweats at night. I am on a lot of medication for R.A. & Fibro and have cut down to try and see what is causing the nitemares and hot sweats and think it could be the Duloxetine. Please advise if anybody else suffers too x
alisoncunliffe0708
UKFM Newbie

Postby Ninkharsag » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:34 pm

Please see the warning about this drug:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 094&type=1
Ninkharsag
UKFM Newbie

Previous

Return to Treatments & Medication