[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - pregabalin and tramadol

pregabalin and tramadol

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

pregabalin and tramadol

Postby Niblet » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:44 pm

Hi, I am on pregabalin and tramadol and have noticed that I have been getting VERY irritable and restless. I have started both meds quite recently. I hate feeling like this. Is it a side effect of one of the meds? It does say that irritability can be a side effect of the pregabalin. Does anyone else get this?

Thanks
Niblet
UKFM Member

Re: pregabalin and tramadol

Postby denys » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:51 pm

Keep an eye on it niblet if it continues or starts to get worse then go back to your docs to get it checked out, have you got any added stresses since you started the meds??? Just wondering as if something has happened it may just be bad timing. Hope you start ot feel better soon and if it is a side effect it eases up
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby HazelB » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:28 pm

it can take a few weeks for your system to settle down after starting any new meds, and it may just be side effects that will hopefully ease off over the next few weeks.

i am on both meds, and have no major problems with side effects from them ... although if i'm late taking my pregabalin I do find i start to get very jittery and restless xxx
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby difly » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:18 am

hi i was prescribed prega and tramadol , couldnt take the both together felt awful headaches and dizziness , so now just taking pregabalin , an if I forget to take then I no about it feelin jittery and pain kicks in ,everyone reacts different think about talking to Gp hope you find a result soon xxx
difly
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:35 pm

Hi
It could be the side affects getting into your system, have you tried taking them at different times or after food? that might help, it might be one of them causing you problems not the both?

If the symptoms dont settle then go back to your GP ask to try something else sometimes it can take a while for you to find the right med/combo as we tend to be sensitive towards meds. :hugs: :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Niblet » Fri May 04, 2012 1:46 pm

Thanks everyone. Things have settled down now and I am not so irritable. Just wondering what dose of pregabalin people are taking? I am on 75mg twice a day and my GP wants to increase it. I find I am still having to take painkillers as well at the moment. The pregabalin really helps me sleep though which is great :-)
Niblet
UKFM Member

Postby NickW » Wed May 16, 2012 12:39 pm

Hi, I have been on pregabalin for a about 4 weeks after being on amitriptyline at a dose of 50MG which did nothing i am on pregabalin at a dose of 600MG and still no relief. Today i am trying tramadol again as my wrists and fingers hurt so much, but it makes me sick, i am trying to get on duloxatine to help with the chronic fatigue and also maybe relieve some pain. but if this doesnt work the doc is going to fob me off to pain management - what can they do.
NickW
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Wed May 16, 2012 1:24 pm

shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Melbi_UK » Wed May 16, 2012 3:32 pm

pregabalin isn't a painkiller. It is used to help us get a deep sleep, giving our muscles time to relax and heal. I've been on it for several months, it doesn't keep me asleep but there has been an improved sleep pattern. I'm on 300mg at the moment but going up to 600mg in a few weeks. Hardest part on increasing the dose is the wanting to sleep all the time and chronic fatigue all day long.

I've just had my 2nd session of physiotherapy today and looking forward to seeing more improvement in afew days once I have recovered from the pain of the exercises. I think exercise is the best way forward.
Melbi_UK
UKFM Member

Postby NickW » Wed May 16, 2012 6:37 pm

amitriptyline is what is used to help you sleep and get your body to heal itself,thats what i was on first and it helped me sleep. Pregablin is used for neuropathic pain it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pregabalin
NickW
UKFM Newbie

Postby Melbi_UK » Wed May 16, 2012 6:55 pm

Yes, sorry, I got confused again. I take Trazadone to help gain that deep sleep, rather than amitriptyline as it has less side effects for me.

Sorry for the confusion I might have caused. :oops:
Melbi_UK
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed May 16, 2012 6:58 pm

Pregabalin is an anti~convulsant that has also been found to help with neuropathic pain, such as that of diabetes, FM, or shingles.

Amitriptyline and nortriptyline are both tricyclic antidepressants that have been found to help with sleep and pain in FM, diabetes etc.

They can both help with how we feel and sleep, and for some make quite a difference in their levels of pain as well as sleep.

Don't worry about getting things puddled up Melbi, it happens to most of us :cup1: :cup1: :cup1:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Melbi_UK » Wed May 16, 2012 7:17 pm

Thanks Fluppypuffy :flowers:

I just didn't want to be the cause of any misunderstanding or confusion for other people who might be googling the drugs they have been prescribed.
Melbi_UK
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication