[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Amitriptyline

Amitriptyline

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Amitriptyline

Postby lala1626 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:09 pm

Hey
My dr told me that if I'm not sleeping I could take my normal dose of 50mg and take one of my spare 25mg aswell obviously adding to the highest dose of 75mg, the dilemma I have is that lastnight I did this and have to admit I slept like a baby! Sounds great right?? I didn't get up for work this morning.......... Not good!
I wondered if I would be able to go to my dr and ask for 75mg and 50mg so I could take the lower dose when I have to get up early the next day and take the higher dose when I have a day off the next day,
Has anyone else done this???
Thanks
Xxxxxxx
Be nice and smile to everyone you meet.
You don't know what they are going through.
They may need that smile,
and treasure it.

Don't ask how I am unless you really want to know the answer!
lala1626
UKFM Member

Re: Amitriptyline

Postby shazq » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:22 pm

Hi
Ami`s dont come in a 75mg strength. I think you can get them in a 10mg so you could ask your GP for a 50mg & a 10mg and see how you get on with that dose. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby lala1626 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:33 pm

Oh must have misread the leaflet was probably for some other tablets iv taken starting to lose count now, yer I had 50 and 25 lastnight and slept really well for me, just don't know if they would give me 2 different doses of the same thing?
Xxx
and treasure it.

lala1626
UKFM Member

Postby no1phil » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:54 pm

I found with amitrptyline that each time i increased the dose, i got sleep for the first 1 or 2 nights but after that they stopped working for sleep so just watch out that doesn't happen, my partner who has ME is on the max dose and they do nothing for her now either :(
no1phil
UKFM Member

Postby m1ssiemoo » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:00 pm

Hi, I'm only on 30mg and it doesn't do anything for me anymore but my doc insists I still take them ???????
m1ssiemoo
UKFM Member

Postby freckles31 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:03 pm

I was given 10mg to start with the chance to up it to 20.....I have since been given 25mg and have been told that that is the highest dose my Dr wants to give me.......still not feeling any benefit, still tossing and turning all night, not sleeping, feel sorry for my poor OH as he gets the brunt of it...... X x x :roll: :crazy:
freckles31
UKFM Newbie

Postby amandajane43 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:46 am

I am on 150mg a day ! They help with sleep but don't help with pain . I still wake up tired and groggy though. Don't think they help with fibro fog either ! Am starting to think nothing will help. :crazy:
amandajane43
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:38 am

The morning after grogginess with amis is something that has affected quite a lot of us unfortunately :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: Some have found that taking their amis a couple of hours or so before they go to bed can help reduce the grogginess, whilst others have found that taking them 12 hours before they will be getting up can also help as well.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:41 pm

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby jsh » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:49 pm

I have increased my dose from 25 to 100mg over the years, Itake it 2 hrs before bed and find it is the only way Ican get some sleep.
take care
john
jsh
UKFM Member

Postby Cymru1 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:54 pm

Hi, I am on 40 mg of Amis at night, like you I sleep like a baby, a really deep sleep and find it difficult to get up in the morning so I have started to take them a couple of hours before bed time now so they are wearing off a little by the time I get up.

The GP only moved me up to 40 mg about 2 weeks ago but since then I have been experiencing really horrific and vivid dreams. Also taking in my sleep and seeing things in the room! I woke up screaming the other night convinced there was something hiding in a jacket pocket that was on the back of the wardrobe door! :yikes:

Because of this, and other instances, I didn't take my dose last night...was in pain, but no difference there, and when i eventually went to sleep at least I slept, even though it was for only a couple of hours. :sleep:

Has anyone else experienced this?
Cymru1
UKFM Newbie

Postby lala1626 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:24 pm

and treasure it.

lala1626
UKFM Member

Postby fibrostar » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:31 pm

Hi, I am on 150mg amis a night, I started on 10mg 22 yrs ago and they have gradually been upped over the yrs every time they stopped working. The problem is that eventually they dont make any difference, don't be too eager just to take more & more, that's what i did and i'm not sure if they help me anymore :goodluck2:
Health is like money, we never have a true idea of its value until we lose it.
fibrostar
UKFM Member

Postby PoppyPenny » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:49 pm

I was taking 40mg a night but my GP changed it to 30mg of Nortryptiline because the Amitriptyline was making my mouth so dry and my tongue was so swollen and sore I was crying. I wasn't getting much sleep either :( So with the new tablets she upped the evening dose of Pregabalin to 100mg and at the moment I am sleeping better. Not perfect, but better. My tongue gets a bit sore occasionally but not nearly as bad as with the Amitriptyline. :-)

Maggie
PoppyPenny
UKFM Member

Postby hollyberry24 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:19 pm

Fibromyalgia, Hypermobility Syndrome, Insomnia, Chronic Pain Syndrome, Eczema, IBS and possible Raynard Phenomenon. Learning to spell that was hard enough let alone cope with it!!
hollyberry24
UKFM Newbie

Next

Return to Treatments & Medication