[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Naprosyn / Update

Naprosyn / Update

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Naprosyn / Update

Postby just-me » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:56 pm

I was put on Naprosyn last week after going to the Dr with my symptoms but they don't seem to be working. Is anyone else on these?
Last edited by just-me on Wed May 02, 2012 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rabbit Forum for over 16's.

just-me
UKFM Member

Re: Naprosyn

Postby Adele » Tue May 01, 2012 12:11 am

hi. naprosyn is a brand name for naproxen, an NSAID anti-inflammatory medication. naproxen has little or no effect on fibro pain as there is no inflamation involved. it may have been prescribed by your doctor as he suspects a secondary condition such as costochondritis. i have been prescribed them before and they did not help me, in fact all they did was make my heartburn worse. best wishes, Adele x
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue May 01, 2012 1:33 pm

Hi
Have you read the info leaflet because alot of meds can take up to 4 weeks to kick in so you might have to give them a little longer.
:hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby just-me » Wed May 02, 2012 8:24 pm

I've now had the results of my blood tests and they came back clear. I've been put on Amitriptyline as well as my usual citalopram.
Rabbit Forum for over 16's.

just-me
UKFM Member

Re: Naprosyn / Update

Postby shazq » Thu May 03, 2012 1:38 pm

Glad the results were clear. :fingerscrossed: the Ami`s work for you.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Crazygirl » Thu May 31, 2012 7:47 pm

I was put on Naprosyn and had to stop them. Even taking Omeprazole at maximum dose, they really affected my stomach and made me feel really ill. Trying to make a doctors appointment to get an alternative is a nightmare. I guess what suits one person doesn't always suit another.
Crazygirl
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu May 31, 2012 8:15 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Treatments & Medication