[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Can anyone recommend good tens machine

Can anyone recommend good tens machine

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Can anyone recommend good tens machine

Postby TATT » Thu May 03, 2012 11:39 am

Hello Everyone,

Do you have a tens machine and does it work?

Where can use use it on the body?

I want to buy one but want to make sure I get something that works.

Thx
TATT
UKFM Member

Re: Can anyone recommend good tens machine

Postby jllh03 » Thu May 03, 2012 12:00 pm

Try and get one from pain clinic just replace the pads buy them of eBay ad there are cheap on there any TENS machine is good it works for me sometimes times not be buy the Lloyds one as its too strong and painful u can put it anywhere apart from head and broken skin have a look on ebay for one should be about £30 look for one with dual control so u can place it on different parts with different strengths
jllh03
UKFM Member

Postby Baby-Hedgehog » Thu May 03, 2012 12:00 pm

I bought mine from Bodyclock http://www.bodyclock.co.uk/ - they are really easy to use, and do help with pain whilst you use them (I've recommended them to a number of other friends, both with Fibro, and other conditions) - I've got the basic one http://www.bodyclock.co.uk/acatalog/First_Choice.html which works really well
Baby-Hedgehog
UKFM Member

Postby Baby-Hedgehog » Thu May 03, 2012 12:01 pm

oh - and it was only £25 :) - it does have dual controls, as mentioned in jllh03's post
Baby-Hedgehog
UKFM Member

Postby rohansnan » Thu May 03, 2012 12:03 pm

Hi,
I got a Tens machine through my GP, ask yours for one before you spend any money. Up to now I haven't noticed much difference as I have only had it about 8 weeks :( , but I will keep trying it for about another 4 mnths. The make of mine is Patterson Medical. If you do go for one good luck with it :-D
rohansnan
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu May 03, 2012 12:58 pm

HI
Mine is used lots, i find it helps me, its good for back/shoulder/leg pain
I have a four pad one which is better as you can spread them out further, they are cheaper to buy on line do a shop search :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Baby-Hedgehog » Thu May 03, 2012 1:13 pm

sorry - should have put all this in the one post! dur!

mine is a four pad one too - but everyone's right, see if you can get one through your GP first - I seem to think, if not, its possible to rent one from Boots, although that may only be for pregnancy (it's worth trying to find out - then you could give it a go and see if it's helpful)

.... I'd lend you mine if you lived nearby x
Baby-Hedgehog
UKFM Member

Postby Adele » Thu May 03, 2012 6:18 pm

just to let you know that you can't rent the pregnancy one from Boots - i tried. i tried the lloyds cheap TENS and it was rubbish. i bought Boots own TENS machine and it's amazing even the pads are so much better. i have had severe lower back pain since my car accident, at one point i had 5 bulging discs. the Boots TENS will make the area completely numb and this continues for several hours after turning it off. the strength of the signal is measured between 0 and 70 so that you can get the setting exactly as you need it. sometimes i leave it on all night so that i can sleep. the machine has 2 x2 pads which can be set independent of each other. i had a faulty set of leads with my first machine and they offered me a full refund or replacement with no questions asked so brilliant customer service. 10 out of 10 in my opinion.
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:57 pm

Re: Managing FM without prescription painkillers??

... gel, stick on heat pads and the thing i cannpot live without - my TENS machine. if anyone has tried a cheap TENS machine and thought they were rubbish, they are. i spent about £40-50 on a Boots TENS machine and it's amazing. it actually leaves my lower back numb for 24 ...
by AdeleTue Mar 06, 2012 3:44 pm Forum: Living with FibromyalgiaTopic: Managing FM without prescription painkillers??Replies: 31Views: 884

hi,

again about TENS

bought one from BOOTS a few days back
they had two: the "norma" and the "Advanced" (whatever that ment)
they were both on offer and the difference was £5, so i went for the advanced
it was reduced from £49.99 to £33.32
still checking out the different settings etc

question: it makes me feel like "a puppet on the string" in a good way, should it be like this?
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby MOONSPIRIT » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:05 pm

Hi All

I have a crazy fit machine, the one like they use in health suites for weight loss and when I am suffering during the night and use this, it can often help settle the spasms. I just sit and put the machine on a low setting. I find it better than the tens, because it gets to all of your body, not small parts.

Hope this helps. x
MOONSPIRIT
UKFM Newbie

Postby Karou » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:21 am

Hi,

I bought mine from Argos, it was under £30 and has four pads. It's a dual channel tens which means you can have 2 pads on one setting and the other 2 on a different one if you want.

I find it helps with tension and pain and the settings seem enough to choose from. Some are just for pain, others are massage and pain relief. They also tell you in a booklet where you can and can't use it and explain the settings. It runs on batteries and I like that because I can still move around if needed. Not sure if they all do? Haven't compared the more expensive ones yet.
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication