Reflexology

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Reflexology

Postby Don831 » Mon May 14, 2012 5:36 pm

Hi
I am a new member of the forum. I was diagnosed quite quickly in comparison to some of you guys, my symptoms started in May 2011 and by November 2011 I was diagnosed with FM. I was also advised by the rheumatologist that FM is not a degenerative condition???
I have recently started reflexology, my first session was targeted at assesing my anxiety levels linked with my depression. My second session targeted my pain. I must be honest, after just one session (about 1 1/2 hrs) I have certainly felt the benefit. I suffer mainly with a very achy back and neck but this last week I have had so much more mobility. I'm really looking forward to my next session and the results it seems to be bringing.
Reflexology may not suit the varying levels of pain that are encountered with FM sufferers but I am hanging on to the prospect of some relief. I'll keep you posted.
Don831
UKFM Newbie

Re: Reflexology

Postby animalhouse » Mon May 21, 2012 11:24 am

i am lucky i have had weekly massages for the past 2 years since i started this condition and love it.

my massage guy also started studying reflexology last year so i was able to be his guinea pig and have both for the same price so i get 2 hours of bliss every week.

it is wonderful and i find it amazing how all my sensitive parts of my body are reflected in my feet - but i would have glady chopped them off at times so it makes sensse.

it can be tender and painful but i imagine it as releasing alkl the bad and hopefullly make me feel better, it think at first in my nieveity i was expecting it to cure me and just get rd of the pain now i accept i am going to always have it but this helps me cope and is a break from the job of drs appts, hydro, treatments etc.
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby Ldyalb » Mon May 21, 2012 2:24 pm

Someone's starting to offer Reflexology in my nearest town, £25 a session I believe soon. I intend to give it a shot and see if it helps. I've heard good things about from other people with Fibro and/or other chronic pain conditions so hopefully it'll work for me too :-) my legs are getting worse, especially my knees, I'm really struggling to walk more now. Not sure if it's Fibro, the potential arthritis, or the hypermobility. So hopefully this can help my knees and the rest of my legs and increase my mobility.
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby Don831 » Fri May 25, 2012 7:12 pm

Hi Again

I have had another beneficial reflexology session this week. I really think it's working.

Thanks for your comments :-D
Don831
UKFM Newbie

Postby Don831 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:35 am

Hi again

Following a session over a week ago my reflexologist decided that as I have been very responsive to the therapy we can cut back on the sessions. We decided to wait two weeks for the next session and depending on the sensestivity it may well fall back to once a month??? Great news :-P
I find though that toward my monthly menstral cycle I ache much more? So it could be that I time my reflexology session with this cycle. Is there a confirmed link with these timings does anyone know? I have tried to read about it but no where can find a definate yes or no that it is linked to more noticable pain.

Cheers
Don831
UKFM Newbie

Postby animalhouse » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:16 pm

i had my weekly massage/refelex yesterday but only managed an hour as i FORGOT :roll: don;t know how i have one everywednesday but like i said hanve't really woken up all week after the hydro sessions started again.

anyway feel awake today for first time in past week the fog/fatigue has lifted. :-) :-)

saw in local sports centre someone offering reflex to curb appetite so will ask him about that next week when i have more time again.
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Return to Treatments & Medication