[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Medication for students

Medication for students

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Medication for students

Postby charley » Mon May 14, 2012 9:18 pm

Hi everyone
I'm going to university in September and am really struggling with my medication at the moment! I am currently on 20mg Amitriptyline a day and 30/500 co-codamol (1 or 2 tabs) when needed. But the Amitriptyline isn't having the same effect as it did when I first started taking it and the co-codamol doesn't do much when I have a bad flare up.
I was wondering what kind of medication other people used? And whether if I can take all these medications and still be able to enjoy a student lifestyle! (I don't want to be the odd one out during Freshers!! :D) I know it seems a little silly, wanting to be able to drink etc, but I want to be able to have the full student experience! I hope that doesn't seem too selfish to people... :S
charley
UKFM Member

Re: Medication for students

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon May 14, 2012 9:32 pm

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalg ... tment.aspx This linky is one that we often suggest when someone asks about meds, it explains about the various types that can be used for FM.

If you have a look around the forum, there are many, many topics about meds, and the one thing that stands out is how different we can all be with them, what may help one may do nothing for another.

If you're wondering about changing to something else, having a look at the info from the linky, then making an appt with your GP to discuss what might be suitable for you might be an idea.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Treatments & Medication