[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Sickness - side effect?

Sickness - side effect?

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Sickness - side effect?

Postby Jaycee » Wed May 16, 2012 10:06 pm

Hi all, I take amitryptaline and cocodamol, been having a few bad days this week, not helped by having a tooth out. As a result have been taking more meds than usual, still within dosage allowed but I generally take as low dose as possible. Have vomited the last couple of days, I come over dizzy and queezy and that stays until I'm Ill.

This has happened a few times before, I just wondered whether it was common, not sure whether to mention to dr,

Thanks
J
Jaycee
UKFM Member

Re: Sickness - side effect?

Postby mabel » Wed May 16, 2012 10:21 pm

Sounds like you might have Norovirus which is going around at the mo. similar symptoms.

I am frequently feeling sick for as long as i can remember = years, but never actually vomit.

Regarding tablets i never take them on an empty stomach.
mabel
UKFM Member

Postby Jaycee » Wed May 16, 2012 11:48 pm

Thanks for reply, but no dont think sickness is an illness as such, it's not a constant thing, I do feel it's somehow connected to the meds.

J
Jaycee
UKFM Member

Postby fliss » Thu May 17, 2012 7:04 am

cocodamol can make u sick if u take it on an empty stomach,plus the uppin of ur meds cud be givin u side effects to them mainly sickness and dizziness,if i were u id go to ur gp or better still ring up and ask for a telephone appointment that way u dont hav to go to the surgery,also ask them if there is anythin u can take thats slightly stronger than cocodamol as u may be able to take less tabs that way if ur still bein sick u wont be takin them on an empty stomach too often also ask them for somethin to stop the sickness,i take lansoprazole as i used to be sick all the time and it lines ur stomach to stop it gettin damaged as i used to suffer with acid reflux which made me be sick,i do hope u get it sorted out hugsxxx
fliss
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu May 17, 2012 1:34 pm

Hi
It sounds like you might have had to many meds, although you said it was within the limit it still might have been to much for your system/stomach to cope with as its not used to it.

If you are still in pain go to see your GP and ask for some stronger painkillers they can give you some that will be more gentle on your stomach or will give you anti sickness meds. Hope your pain eases soon. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby melaniep » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:55 pm

hi

i take noratriplene tablet at night and take a anti sickness tablet to go with this 1 x 3 a day use to feel sick all the time but now i feel this tablet does the trick.
melaniep
UKFM Newbie

Return to Treatments & Medication