[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Oxycontin

Oxycontin

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Oxycontin

Postby cherrybee » Tue May 22, 2012 9:16 pm

Has anyone any info on this med please
cherrybee
UKFM Member

Re: Oxycontin

Postby denys » Wed May 23, 2012 1:00 am

best thing to do is to put it into google, that will give you any info you need
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Wed May 23, 2012 4:19 pm

Here is a link which might help
http://www.drugs.com/oxycontin.html

I used to be on oxycontin, i found them very good they controlled my pain but i was taken off them by my neuro doc because he thought they might be connected to my migraines.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby cherrybee » Wed May 23, 2012 7:47 pm

Thanks..did google, but wondered if anyone had personal knowledge,
the migraine link doesnt sound good, ty x
cherrybee
UKFM Member

Postby jillybee » Sat May 26, 2012 10:47 pm

Hi Cherrybee :)

I have been on Oxycontin 40mg daily for chronic back pain. I do find it controls the pain, i am also on lyrica (pregabalin)300mgs daily.
My one major concern is if i miss ONE dose i have chronic withdrawal symptons. After 3 yrs on both meds i am now addicted to them.

My advice is they do work but be very careful with the dosage. Both drugs together have caused weight gain :( 4 st in 3 yrs

Love Jilly :flowers:
jillybee
UKFM Newbie

Postby zappa20 » Sun May 27, 2012 9:12 am

I've taken up to 60mg of Oxycontin together with up to 6 Co-Codamol 30/500 prescribed by the pain consultant for both diabetic painful neuropathy and 3 slipped discs for years without any problems. I'm not able to take the usual prescribed nerve pain tablets due to cardiac problems. At certain times my pain decreased and I simply reduced the dosage according to my pain levels and at one point had stopped them altogether for a few months without any problems.

But I have read that that some people have had withdrawal problems , so maybe it was the fact I reduced them over a few weeks before stopping completely was why I had no difficutly.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby cherrybee » Sun May 27, 2012 9:07 pm

Hi, thanks for your replies, i was given this in liquid form by mistake
instead of oramorph, unfortunately i didnt read the directions correctly
and also took a wrong dose! was'nt till the bottle was finished I was told
of the error :-o anyway, have now been prescribed Oxy tablets, seems
all these type of meds bring on headaches and migraine for me, talk about
trial and error...agree with concerns about addiction and weight gain.
hope all goes well for you jillybee, its not easy is it :-?
cherrybee
UKFM Member

Postby jillybee » Mon May 28, 2012 1:55 pm

Cherrybee ....

No it`s a living nightmare at times :( I have chronic pancreatitis (due to gallstones), severe asthma, chronic back pain and IBD as well as FM..
I have only suffered headaches when i have had to use Kapake for (8 X 30/500mg) topping up on pain relief during bad back days!

I found a lot of my meds contra-indicated with each other so as you say it is definately trial and error until you get the right combination.

It totally amazes me that some people inject extremely high doses of oxycontin for recreational use!!!! MAD PEOPLE!! :yikes:

Take care
Jilly x
jillybee
UKFM Newbie

Postby jillybee » Mon May 28, 2012 2:03 pm

Hi Zappa...

You are so lucky that you can increase/reduce meds without withdrawal :) I was on lyrica 600mgs daily and weaned myself down to
300mgs daily with withdrawal symptoms and now the consultant wants me to increase it again to help with my FM...told him NO WAY!! I want off lyrica totally, it affects my weight and my asthma.

Take care,
Jilly x
jillybee
UKFM Newbie

Postby cherrybee » Mon May 28, 2012 3:36 pm

Hi Jilly, really sounds as tho you are going through it at the mo, my hub had
gallstones, and I realise how really painful they are, luckily they (at last)
removed his gall bladder. Hope you get the help to reduce the lyrica, I
didnt know anything about Oxycontin, and didnt know peeps use it for
recreation, suppose it explains why it was locked away, and should
have been checked before being dispensed!!!! :nono: have decided
to deff not go down that route tk care x
cherrybee
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication