meds that might help

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

meds that might help

Postby ouchisme » Mon May 28, 2012 8:52 pm

evening to all

I'm on SR tramodal 150mg twice a day. 500mg paracetamol x 2, 4 times a day, Ketophen (sp) 50mg x 2, twice a day, duluxatine 50mg, once a day. amptripline 50mg and 25mg taken at night.

I was wondering where do i go from here. I'm always in pain and not just from the fibro (bulging discs in my neck) and i NEED to know what i might be able to tell my GP that i might want to try nxt. Even just upping my tabs now and maybe put something else in the mix.

All ideas greatly received and any other options etc

hope all is well in your worlds x
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Re: meds that might help

Postby ChrispyCritter » Mon May 28, 2012 9:30 pm

Hiya it's pretty hard finding things that work for you there's morphine patches you could suggest to try I know what you mean bout meds not seeming to help you'll prob find they work to a degree if you was to come off meds you would see the difference but I've never taken anything that's made me pain free really wish there was though want my old life back.
ChrispyCritter
UKFM Member

Postby Shelleigh » Mon May 28, 2012 9:46 pm

I think I have tried everything, was diagnosed 5 years ago but have had FM for about 20 years, and nothing has helped. At the moment all I am taking is Tramadol twice a day and Paracetamol every 4 hours. I have an appointment at the pain clinic but thats not until the end of June, been waiting 3 months already, to see if I can get anything else.
Have tried Pregabalin, Gabapentin, Duloxetine, Amitriptyline, Citalopram and Nortriptyline. Also been on the coping skills course at RNHRD in Bath.
Shelleigh
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Tue May 29, 2012 6:54 am

The problem with FM sufferers is that we are waiting for a dr to cure us and that isn't possible. This is a chronic condition that will never go away, accept it, work with it. Everyone who has FM is in pain, constantly no matter what they take. The pain meds do help. If you want to see how much pain you are in just miss a dose or two. It is time to try something different. Listen to your body, what is it telling you? slow down? rest? sleep? stop ignoring it and do what it says. Try some of the following, warm bath/shower/sleep/meditation/ thi chai/ yoga/ swimming. And before you ask i have FM and arthritis i also get struck with body migraines twice a month at least. Do these things get me out of pain 'no' but they help me to accept that i am now a different person to who i was a year ago.
Stop waiting and start doing.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby ouchisme » Tue May 29, 2012 8:16 am

Morn chrispy and shelleigh

I have the prob that my GP doesn't like trying different strong meds and then the double prob of i don't want to be more out of it than i am already :lol: I was put gabs, tramadal and duluxtine by my rhumentologist, so i might have to wait forever to get an appt to see her. I kinda want a 'cocktail' that i can play with (under drs orders etc) so that i have options without having to either ask on-line or try see GP or rhumen's for added extra help. With different 'things' going on with me, i don't see the point of constantly seeing med ppl cos theres just not a quick fix.

Shelleigh i know that my post 'read' as if i'm looking for the magic cure. I'm afraid i've been defeatist about my knackered body for over 8 yrs :yikes: but thanku for the general nudge as i reminder

Morn migrembe thanku for ur reply, crickey ur up early in the morning. Thanku for the pep talk. I do pace, exercise not possible cos of other ouches, its just when i feel totally blah i get very dispendant and generally low. Getting fed up of my body telling this is it, when i want some control over myself. My other pet peeves are the fatigue and the feeling of not being in the present.

I hope that all is well in your worlds and that your pain is at least manageable x
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication