[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Seen consultant at RHIM new treatments

Seen consultant at RHIM new treatments

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Seen consultant at RHIM new treatments

Postby TATT » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:38 pm

Hi Everyone,

I got to see a gorgeous consultant yesterday at Gt Ormond St it's the Royal Hospital for Intergrated Medicine.

My PCT has funded me nd although I have a 2/3 month wait I will be receiving :

Hypnotherapy

CBT

Autogenic Therapy

Massage

Acupuncture

Physiotherapy to start gentle exercise.

It means I will be attending for some time s I think they do one set of treatments so they can monitor if they re helping. I felt positive about it because I am moving forward and being acknowledged. I will of course keep you posted of my treatments.

I feel a little bit bad that I am getting help and so many of us suffer with no support and my heart goes out to you. I am very grateful to have the opportunity to try new alternative treatments.

Meanwhile I will be trying the Ami's again and waiting to start the LDN from the pain clinic in due course. ( by the way my doctor said they could not fund me so I went to see the practice doctor who wrote a letter there and then so maybe it's worth seeing the main doctor at your surgery) x
TATT
UKFM Member

Re: Seen consultant at RHIM new treatments

Postby shazq » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:49 pm

Thats great news Tatt, hope they work. :goodluck1: :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby fibro-lu » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:01 pm

that's great news TATT

it's the same place I am refered to by my GP for Autogenic training
don't know if they will assess me for the other stuff too

http://www.uclh.nhs.uk/OurServices/Serv ... /Home.aspx

all the best
lu
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby masonsbarms » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:05 pm

hi tatt so glad for you hope you find some relief.
dont feel bad if you feel better it will give us all some hope,
and its good to hear when someone has good news.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby TATT » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:49 pm

Thx guys,

Fibro-lu, why don't you ask as they do alsorts of treatments. I saw dr berkovizt in the fibro pain management clinic 3rd floor. I am not sure what they will start me with but as my dear ole mum says "if you don't ask you don't get".

Let's keep in touch about the treatments and I hope that maybe one day we might meet at the fibro royal free support group, you never know.
TATT
UKFM Member

Postby TATT » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:01 pm

Had my assessment today to work out my program. I am going to be offered.

Physiotherapy

Acupuncture

8 wk group therapy which teaches self hypnosis and CBT

And a dietician

I am hoping to start after the Olympics and was seen again by a lovely gentle natured nurse who knew his stuff. It's a fibro pain management as we know as yet there is no cure but, it feels good to be acknowledge and offered tools to help cope with the pain.

Sending out gentle hugs xxxx
TATT
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:06 pm

so very glad for you tatt hope you get alot out of it.

take care and keep us updated xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:09 am

:goodluck1: Hope it goes well :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby fibro-lu » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:09 am

update

had my assessment for Autogenic training and will start course in August
the person who assessed me is aware of my needs and said
she/they will refere me to the other optiosn further in time ergo when doing the course

check out their web site
it's like Christmas and Easter together

your GP can refere you, no post code lottery!

lu
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Return to Treatments & Medication