No more injections, i cant cope with it!!!

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

No more injections, i cant cope with it!!!

Postby millymoodoo » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:50 pm

Hi all

I was admitted yesterday for injections into the trigger points, i have decided never again!!! Once again i have had multiple injections in neck shoulders and spine, i cant do this anymore i was in so much pain anyway but to my horrer they used long spinal needles this time and this was so painful. They offered me sedation but i had to decline as i had driven myself to the appointment so i had to just grin and bear it. The dr says that my muscle was very stiff which made it difficult to get the needles into the right area. He is concerned that i have fluid leaking from the discs. He has requested urgent mri to rule out MS and confirm his suspician and identify where the leakage is. My whole back is very bruised, stiff and sore today and the puncture sites are massive so much so they had to spray them with plastic spray to stop bleeding, also to prevent anything getting into the puncture areas!!!

Milly :( xx
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Re: No more injections, i cant cope with it!!!

Postby shortnsweet54 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:02 pm

Oh my oh my millymoodoo, well what can i say but offer sympathy and empathy. The nearest i've ever come is fine needle aspiration on a suspicious lump under my arm..no anaesthetic offered, after about 20mins i nearly passed out with pain so heaven knows how you coped. Maybe IF you were ever to have this again you could have someone with you and have the anaesthetic. No one should be put through such horror
hope scan does not show anything nasty.

Take care, thoughts and hugs
Jan H xx
shortnsweet54
UKFM Member

Postby aunty bun » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:07 pm

i had them few weeks ago had no idea i was going to get them went for appointment with my husband which was just as well they offered to admit me for the day but i declined but he said that i was in so much pain that it was worth getting them done ,the pain was collosal and didnt do any good doc phoned last week for follow up but have decided not having them done again wasnt worth it xx
:nono:
aunty bun
UKFM Member

Postby rickysmrs » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:11 pm

OMG that sounds horrendous I feel for you gentle hugs really hope your feel the benefit soon. Good advise from Jan to try and get someone to drive you and pick you up. xx
rickysmrs
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:17 pm

hi i hope you fell a little better soon
take carexx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby chrisgoneferal » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:50 pm

I have had several lots of those injections over the years collar bone area...spine etc they have not helped. Too much NHS treatment is administered on the basis that you should b e grateful no matter how painful it is....I am very suspicious about all of it now. Slash and burn tactics applied to human beings massive doses of assorted medications that cause more troubles over time.

I have no answers but I wish to God I had never had spinal surgery in the 80's never been right since then...they just chop us about nothing holisitc going on in my experience....an the medications can have horrible side effects. I am so ssorry that you had such a chilling experience.

Chris
chrisgoneferal
UKFM Member

Postby millymoodoo » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:40 pm

Hi all

Many thanks for your replies. They should put on the letter for admission that you will be offered sedation but there was nothing. It said to eat and drink as normal, i never expected it to be so painful they wouldn't normally give you sedation if you have been eating and drinking so i never gave it a 2nd thought. I have had injections in the outpatients in the past and although they were painful they were nothing like this. I wrongly assumed they would be the same. They were horrified that i was driving home and to be honest i wish i hadn't but they should give clear indication that its not advisable in the letter rather than on the day. I drove home last time and was ok so it really didnt cross my mind that this time would be any different. No way will i have any injections like this again. I see my GP tomorrow for change in medication so i will talk to her about this at the same time.

Milly :( xx
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby Graciebaby » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:06 am

OMG, that sounds absolutely horrific :shock:
I can't believe they put you through that.
You must be incredibly brave, that's all I can say.

G.
Graciebaby
UKFM Member

Postby millymoodoo » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:39 pm

I saw my GP on friday and she was horrified with what i told her and she completely understands why i will not be having any more injections like this!!! My gp has told me not to rule out the lignoaine infusions as there have been some very good results with this, tho right now i am not interested in anything that involves needles!!! I have had absoloutly no relief from the injections i had which makes it so much worse, in fact my pain has increased quite dramatically but i suppose this coulld be partly to do with all the stress i have been under because of this. My GP is writing to the hospital to acknowledge her disassatisfaction with the procedure that i had and the way in which i was dealt with, hopefully it may help someone else as she is asking for information to be given to the patient about the offer of sedation and giving the patient the chance to accept this rather than offering this on the day and as with me having to decline as i had driven.

Milly xx :(
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby millymoodoo » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:01 am

No it was in north lincs scunthorpe Lisa!!! x
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication