[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Codiene and Pain Management!.

Codiene and Pain Management!.

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Codiene and Pain Management!.

Postby Jojo73 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:19 pm

Hiya everyone.
The doctor started me on codiene 8mg for the pains in my neck,back and other achey places.Has anyone else been put on this and does it help with the pain??..
Thanks Joanne xx :-)
Jojo73
UKFM Newbie

Re: Codiene and Pain Management!.

Postby shazq » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:05 pm

Hi
Do you feel like the codiene is helping with your pain?
You might find that it is not strong enough to control your pains. It can take a while to find the right med or even combo of meds that will help control your pain as there are a few to try. Most fibro sufferers are on a combo of meds.

If you have a read around the treatments & Medications topics you will be able to see the meds.
I will put up a link of the meds used to treat fibro for you to read through, you could print it off and go through it with your gp.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalg ... tment.aspx

Hope this helps, any questions just ask.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby tentimes » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:36 pm

Also remember that Doctors work on what is called a "pain ladder". They start off low and only increase if you are not getting relief, and even then it can be a battle to get them to increase or change medication.

If it is working for you that is really good, if it is not substantially reducing your pain then you need to tell your doctor and keep going back until your pain is well managed. Don't take no for an answer ;)
tentimes
UKFM Member

Postby Baileysmoma » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:45 pm

Hi

I ve been on dihydrocodeine for about 3-4 years. Its a slow release dose of 60mg per tab and I take 2 in am and 2 in pm. I also top it up with paracetamol, nurofen and occasionally the drs try other meds. Im at the pain management clinic for the first time tomorrow (but dont think that will do a lot!).

What I would say is go with what works, you ve got to test things that work for you:) For me I can t get through the day without my codeine, and boy can I tell when its wearing off

Keep going xx
Baileysmoma
UKFM Newbie

Postby CottonSocks » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:10 pm

I buy cocodamol over the counter, it's coedine 8mg and paracetamol. I use it when I want something a bit stronger than paracetamol or ibuprofen. It doesn't really affect me much though. I got given the 30mg last time I went to hospital, that made me really drowsy!
CottonSocks
UKFM Member

Postby cherrybee » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:45 pm

Hi I've tried most meds but keep going back to codeine phosphate, can
take paracetomol also, only probs it does cause constipation, but most
other meds irritate stomach although i take omeprozole, the codeine
seems ok, have has a lot of ligament pain, and its helped with that also.
cherrybee
UKFM Member

Postby sknowles456 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:02 pm

i was taking codamol 30/500s but a long time but have recently tried tramadol which are so much better. I also take oromorph prn. I am going to ask to see someone at the pain clinic to perhaps put me on less painkillers but same strength.
sknowles456
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication