[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - side effects of Gabapentin, bloating,twitching and flushes??

side effects of Gabapentin, bloating,twitching and flushes??

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

side effects of Gabapentin, bloating,twitching and flushes??

Postby ames » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:17 pm

hey every one, not been on as i've had a really nasty throat infection. Now on penicillin -

I am on my second week of gabapentin and am on it twice a day 300mgs-( due to go up to 3 a day next week)

Iexperiencing side effects :( still having slight dizzy spells - this is improving though

But I am hardly sleeping- also really bloated i look 5 months pregnant!!! I keep having hot flushes/ feeling clammy - its horrible!! the other is twitching - i had this before where my muscles twitch uncontrolably - but its increased ten fold......

Today I had to poping in to town and felt rubbish and embarassed re the hot flushes !

I hope it stops soon

xx
ames
UKFM Member

Re: side effects of Gabapentin, bloating,twitching and flushes??

Postby shazq » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:49 pm

Hi
They should start to ease of after a couple of weeks so you are almost there :fingerscrossed: it can take up to 4 weeks for the med to kick fully into your system so if you dont feel any better go back and let your gp know how you are feeling.

Hope you feel better soon. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Re: side effects of Gabapentin, bloating,twitching and flushes??

Postby pammc » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:47 pm

Hi Shazq
I too am on Gabapentin, 300mg. I was on 3 a day but had to cut to 2 as I was eating like it was going out of fashion, put on a stone in a month !!!!!!, could not stay awake and could not function at all. The worse bit was the dizzy spells, so bad that I checked my BP one day and it was really low, in fact I was admitted to hospital because of a bad costo attack and the Dr said it was dangerously low, so I cut them to 2 a day, now I take 1 before bed to help me sleep, they did nothing for the pain but I do at least get some sleep. Good luck with them hun, they are not for everyone but a lot of people get some positive relief from them x
pammc
UKFM Newbie

Return to Treatments & Medication