[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - St Johns Wort

St Johns Wort

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

St Johns Wort

Postby Crazygirl » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:11 pm

Has anyone taken St Johns Wort and had any success with it? I'm so fed up of feeling "chemically" out of it with anti-depressants that I'm wondering if it is worth trying? My doctor has tried me on most of the anti-depressants going and I always have bad side effects with them all. I'd be grateful for any views and help. Thanks.
Crazygirl
UKFM Member

Re: St Johns Wort

Postby shazq » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:56 pm

Hi
I have never tried them but just wanted to say that if you are thinking of trying them check with your gp or a pharmacist first because they can react to the medications that you are already on. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Re: St Johns Wort

Postby Ria Landon » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:30 am

I have taken it in the past and it didnt agree with me. It was a goodfewyears ago and before I was poorly but did suffer with depression. Like you I wanted to try something non chemically. I wasnt taking any other meds at the time. Unfortunately it didnt agree with me, it made me really jittery and anxious. It was a horrid feeling so stopped them and trundled back to gp!

Like Shazq says: it would be best to check with your gp because they can have side effects and could interact with other meds.

good luck

xx
Ria Landon
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication