tablet advise

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

tablet advise

Postby barrryg » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:44 am

hi there , i am currently taking co codamol x8 a day and pregabalin x2 for my fibro and i must say they make me completly out of it as far as concentration etc goes , but the reason im posting this is that my fibro is much worse now and my doctor has refered me back to hospital , but he now wants me to take 8 pregabalin aswell as 8 co codamol , im worried this is to much but id like ayones advise if they take these amounts , many thanks

barry
barrryg
UKFM Newbie

Re: tablet advise

Postby Northernanne » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:08 am

What mg of each tablet are you taking? have you seen a pain clinic regards to meds? I take 300mg pregab twice a day and 100mg slow release tramodol twice a day then extra tramadol upto 100mg a day when needed. i worked upto theses levels via a pain clinic.

They don't work as a magic wand but I would be worse without it.
Northernanne
UKFM Member

Postby barrryg » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:38 am

pregabalin 75 mg and co codamol 30/500mg , he wants me to take 8 a day of each , i dont think ill know what day of the week it is if i take that amount , i cant take tramadol as i had a bad reaction to that,yes i went to a pain clinic but didnt help to be honest. many thanks

barry
barrryg
UKFM Newbie

Postby Northernanne » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:51 am

sounds like quite a jump, who are they referring you to at the hospital? Not heard of taking pregablin in any way than twice a day, does anybody else take it more than twice a day? Sorry to hear that the pain clinic didn't help I went to 2 pain clinics before this one in Inverness before I got the support I need might be worth trying another clinic.
Northernanne
UKFM Member

Postby barrryg » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:59 am

im being refered to who diagnosed me with fibromaliagia originaly , not sure what departments called , dont think ill take all the medication untill ive seen the hospital.

barry
barrryg
UKFM Newbie

Postby Northernanne » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:02 pm

you have got to do what you feel is right for you, if you do struggle while you are waiting for your appointment I would go back to the doctor and explain your concerns about the tablets and take it from there. Hope you don't have to wait to long.
Northernanne
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication