[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Lyrica

Lyrica

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Lyrica

Postby sops » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:49 pm

Hi just been prescribed lyrica have taken one a night fot a month now. Was supposedto take three a day. Started off I slept better but now I can't sleep at all. Also seems to be making my head feel crampy and I'm very forgetful, muddled which I'm not normally.

I was also given tramodol but only took if I was in a lot of pain. Made me feel very sick and dizzy.
Spoke to gp who told me to stop the tramodol. But she would like me to continue with the lyrica but I would rather not as I do feel any pain relief from it.

Am currently off work due to big flare up which I know has been caused by unavoidable stress and overdoing it for several months. So now it's pay back time! Lol!

Am looking into ribose to help with appalling energy levels and wondered if any of you have tried it good or bad.

Best wishes. Lin x
sops
UKFM Newbie

Re: Lyrica

Postby denys » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:00 pm

I'm on Lyrica and has been for a couple of years and found I didnt think it was helping till I stopped it, then realised it might not be doing much but it was taking the edge off, I'm allergic to tramadol which is disappointing as it did seem to work. Lyrica does make your head feel funny at times but so does FM, maybe its not helping as much as it did due to you being in a flare?????

If you dont feel it is helping ask your doc for one of the other meds that can be given, although most of them bring their own problems with side-effects :fingerscrossed: yu find something to help and :hugs: :hugs: that you get better soon :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:24 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby swbadcock » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:59 pm

swbadcock
UKFM Member

Postby noonoo » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:42 pm

I take lyrica three times a day as well as duloxatane two at night and i have to say that for me if i forgat to take the lyrica i really feel the affects the following day, i think you should speak to your gp but maybe increase the dose as prescribed and bear with the side affects for a while to see if it helps in the long run, as i am now feeling much better but it did take a few months to get to this stage of well being
noonoo
UKFM Member

Postby sops » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:51 pm

THanks for your answers. Still undecided what to do. I have at present stopped taking the lyrica as I hate not feeling compos mentors. I sooooooo need a painkiller to just take the pain away, some energy, and stiff muscles to loosen and I will be fine lol. Take care xxxxx
sops
UKFM Newbie

Return to Treatments & Medication