[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Neurotransmitters

Neurotransmitters

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Neurotransmitters

Postby Katblack » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:57 pm

My Dad (who accompanied me to my Pain Clinic Appt) remembered some stuff I forgot, the main one being about Neurotransmitters (probably a man thing )
Anyway, apparently (the way we understood it) in people with FM/CFS/ME the neurotransmitters which send pain messages to the brain are damaged and are sending too many signals and too often. A lot of the pain I am getting is meant to be 'background' pain but instead it is in the foreground and there all the time.
At the moment no one knows for sure why or how the Neurotransmitters got damaged, theories are trauma (my last op?), a car accident, anxiety and panic attacks, or an illness/virus, problem is no one knows how to fix them.

So I did a bit of research and found this -

http://chronicfatigue.about.com/od/trea ... anshub.htm

I assume this has been discussed here before but it's new to me and, I thought, quite interesting :-)
Kat x

Scoliosis, 2 major spinal surgeries, DDD in neck and lumbar spine, Spondylolisthesis, HMS and now FM!
"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by." - Douglas Adams.
Katblack
UKFM Member

Re: Neurotransmitters

Postby fibro-lu » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:30 pm

thanks Kat,

just goes to show again

Every thought is a chemical reaction
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Re: Neurotransmitters

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:10 pm

It's an interesting read, thanks for that Kat :wave: :wave: :wave:

If you come across something that you think might be interesting or helpful, don't worry about it possibly being discussed before, post what you've found for us to see as well.

Subjects get repeated and rediscussed, which is a good thing as it helps keep us all informed about what is happening as well as what it might lead to at some point. And with new members joining all the time, rediscussing previous subjects can be helpful for them as well :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Treatments & Medication