[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Morphine patch help with getting if off !

Morphine patch help with getting if off !

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby shrimp » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:40 pm

hi all
havent been on here for ages, just been soooooooooo tired and not upto doing anything for ages

i have been on burenorphine (excuse spelling) gradually from 5mg and now on 20mg along with tramadol, citlopram and few others,
what i need help with please - when the patch taken off the sticky stuff it leaves behind - how do you get it off? tried soaps, shampoos, and it doesnt shift, takes about two weeks of showering for rest to finally dissolve, as patch has to go somewhere else every week and running out of places with no sticky on them
any help??
thanks mich xx
I like to make people laugh xxx
shrimp
UKFM Member

Re: Morphine patch help with getting if off !

Postby chewy51 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:51 pm

Try using nail varnish remover all ways works 4 me :)
chewy51
UKFM Newbie

Postby anteucke » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:55 pm

agree with above, nail varnish remover will remove the adhesive :)
anteucke
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:34 pm

http://www.hce-uk.com/epages/HCE-UK.sf/ ... fAod2TbIPw

These might be a little gentler on the skin than nail polish remover. They (or something similar) might be available in your local chemist/pharmacy type place.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby crazycat36 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:08 pm

Im on fentynal patches and find that the best way is to just rub it vogoruslly after my shower with my towel and it takes it straight off causes a little extra discomfort but on the grand scale of things that doesnt vother me
crazycat36
UKFM Member

Postby linoak90 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:48 pm

Hi when I was on these patches baby oil on cotton wool took the stickiness off.
Love to all

Lin. X
linoak90
UKFM Member

Postby shelleydwales » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:34 am

I also use baby oil , have been told alcohol wipes work aswell x
Shell xxxx

Tomorrow is another day....be brave and smile :-)
shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Postby shrimp » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:12 am

thank you all so much for your replies, will give the baby oil a go first, if that doesnt do it for me then will try nail varnish...
mich xx
I like to make people laugh xxx
shrimp
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication