[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Feeling awful!

Feeling awful!

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Feeling awful!

Postby Hay1ie » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:57 pm

Hi all,

I am 39 yrs old and was diagnosed with Fibro about 10 yrs ago. I was told by the Rhumey who diagnosed it that it was not curable but, I quote "i've had it twice now and got over it" LOL
Anyway, over the years i have had good and bad times as you will all be familiar with but have been basically left to my own devices for the last 6 yrs or so with no treatment and no one really interested in helping me. I was given Duloxetine in Jan this yr by the surgeon at my pain clinic who does my neck jabs for OA which altho i didnt realise while i was taking it, really did seem to take a good 50% of my aches and pains away and it's only since I have weaned off them I have realised how bad I have got. :( I had to come off them because i was feeling more depressed than i did originally and did get suicidal :-?
It's got to the point now where I start the day with pain in my feet, ankles and legs as soon as i step out of bed and hobble around like a cripple for about 10 mins till it eases, but it doesnt go completely. I now dont have a single day where i can walk without discomfort from my ankles, knees and hips and my whole body just throbs with pain for most of the day too :( My hands, wrists, elbows and shoulders also burn with pain and when carrying things it's like a knife in my joints.
I have read that this condition is NOT progressive and yet i have gone from being able to cope ok day to day to being quite scared at how quick ive gone downhill! :cry:
What pain meds are you all using that dont have side effects that read like war and peace (or is that a stupid question) I am at the docs on Tues and going on past experience it's better if I go armed with info on meds as they usually know nothing that helps.
Any suggestions offered will be so gratefully recieved :-)

Hayley xx
Just because I am in pain doesn't mean I am one! LOL
Hay1ie
UKFM Member

Re: Feeling awful!

Postby masonsbarms » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:07 pm

hi haley, sorry you are feeling so bad,

i take celbex tramadol paracetomol and amatriptalyn(spellings ?)
i hope you get some help soon and start to feel a bit better.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby Dorywoo » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:38 pm

Hi Hayley,

I've suffered for years but only got diagnosed on Tuesday. I was given a leaflet and shown the door with a follow up appt being sent out to me in 6 months time. Therefore, id be interested too in anything that can help with pain and sleeping.

Hope you feel better soon Hayley, sending hugs xx
Dorywoo
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:44 pm

:wave: :wave: Hay1ie, sorry to hear you're feeling so bad at the moment :grouphug: :grouphug:

This linky http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalg ... tment.aspx explains about some of the meds used to help manage FM. Unfortunately, they all have side effects, as all meds do, just beause they have them tho, it doesn't necessarily mean that you will experience and any that you might experience do tend to ease off with a little time.

FM isn't regarded as progressive by medical bods as it doesn't do any damage to joints and things, like arthritis does. However, we all know how much our FM has changed over time and how much it has affected us, so to us it is progressive because of the impact it has had on our lives and those closest to us :( :( :(

We're all on a varied cocktail of meds as we all seem to react so very differently to them, just as we're all affected do very differently by FM. If you have a look at the linky to see what there is, then talk to your GP about what might be suitable for you when you go on Tuesday.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Treatments & Medication