[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Pregabalin

Pregabalin

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pregabalin

Postby mcconnellla » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:28 pm

Iv been prescribed to take prefab akin and quinine as from last Monday. I have to start off on 50mgs and increase 25mgs every three to four days until I reach 150mgs. I have been taking 75mgs morning and night from yesterday but iv been getting really light headed so much so iv to lie down. I don't make much sence in conversation. Apparently I sound drunk. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I was told that I could get this side effect but it's only until my body gets used to it. Just querying anyone else's thoughts on this?
mcconnellla
UKFM Member

Re: Pregabalin

Postby doctoria71 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:00 pm

yes I too found that, once I increased to 150mg. back down to 75mg morning and night now. xx
doctoria71
UKFM Member

Postby madcow » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:13 pm

You probably feel like that for a wee while but it should soon wear off. I felt like that when I started but it did wear off after a few weeks. Now I am on 300mgs twice a day and no side effects.The only thing I would say is make sure you eat your brekkie before you take them in the morning. Persevere before you go back to the docs.

Deborah
madcow
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:03 pm

What you're experiencing at the moment may be due to side effects from the pregabalin, which should start to ease off as your system gets used to the med being in it. If it's getting worse and/or you're finding it difficult to manage each day it might be worth talking to your GP to see if the rate at which the dosage being increased is causing the problem or something. It might be that you need a longer time between increases to get used to the higher amounts.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby deanna dimech » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:10 pm

I have been taking Pregabalin for around 5 years now and i can still not take the dose the doctor wants me to take. I'm Like im drunk and cannot talk or move. So i just tale 50g three times a day.The doctor said it was just me? good luck
deanna dimech
UKFM Member

Pregabalin

Postby mcconnellla » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:09 am

Thanks for all advice yesterday was a bit better but still had to lie down I think I will take a longer gap when trying to increase. Do you find that the 50mgs helps u?

This forum has been such a good help for me this week (only diagnosed) even if I'm not commenting on a lot I have learnt so much and it really has been a life saver.
Thankyou all for all advice on everything it's nice to know that everyone on here actually understands xx :)
mcconnellla
UKFM Member

Postby madcow » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:49 pm

I remember leaving 2 weeks in between upping from 25 to 50 and then another 2 weeks to 75mg, altho I still had that drunk and light headed feeling at first.

deborah
madcow
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:21 pm

Glad the forum is helping and dont worry about posting, you will feel more like it once you find your feet :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Pregabalin

Postby mcconnellla » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:07 pm

Today I have felt half normal on the 75mgs thank god but leaving a gap before increasing it again. I can maybe actually make it to work tomorrow.
I think the most depressing bit about it all is that I'm 24 years old and could probably rattle with medication (recently asthma diagnosed to) and I can't do normal things a 24yr old does.

Thanks again everyone, without this forum I dont know where I would be. Hugs to all :)
mcconnellla
UKFM Member

Postby Ariel » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:27 pm

Hi there - I was prescribed this yesterday and quite worried about the initial side effects as I work full time :(

I've been told to do 50mg 3 times a day, along with my amitryptalin at night...worried I'm going to become a bumbling fool!

x
Diagnosed 2012! Hoping to learn more and make friends in the fibro community.
Ariel
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:11 pm

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Pregabalin

Postby mcconnellla » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:40 pm

Gosh three times a day that's a lot but then again have u to increase this up at any any stage. Normally with the anti convulsants it's a dose that is gradually increased. I do have to end up on 150mgs morning and night. I have been ok now today being on 75mgs since last Friday it really did make me feel drunk and spaced out. But I am super sensitive to anything going in. Everyone is different. See how u feel and maybe start it when u are off example at the weekend etc to see how u are with it. Keep me updated. Xx
mcconnellla
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:28 am

Started on Pregabalin/Lyrica 6 weeks ago . Took the 75mg twice a day for about 4 days and had constant migraine like sypmtoms.

On medical advice went back to basics and started on 25mg twice a day and worked up . To cut a long story short could never get to 75mg during the day, when I tried I felt like a zombie! I am currently off work but hope to go back very soon .Again on GP advice presently take 75mg at night and 25 /50 mg during the day. This varies as I am still very sensitive to the meds if I have something to do I drop it back to 25 otherwise I take 50mg ! Can't seem to function outside the house on anything more than 25mg even after trying 50mg for a week.

These meds are really difficult for me , they have helped considerably with the pain but fatigue is still there plus thier own side effects, which can be quite scary. With GP help I am working out a regime that suits me and will hopefully allow me to get back to work .

To others who worry about taking to many tablets , I have found that if it helps take it ..otherwise you miss out on so much of life.

:goodluck2:

:hugs:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Pregabalin

Postby Ariel » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:17 pm

Hi there!

The headaches came on day one :( I really hope they go. I'm taking naproxen for relief in the day and that seems tl be controlling it.

X
Diagnosed 2012! Hoping to learn more and make friends in the fibro community.
Ariel
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:31 pm

:fingerscrossed: Ariel :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Next

Return to Treatments & Medication