[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Pregabalin

Pregabalin

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Pregabalin

Postby CottonSocks » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:56 pm

Good luck :-)
CottonSocks
UKFM Member

Postby jds1969 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:43 pm

Hello, I started Prebabalin about 3 months ago. I was told to start with 25mg nightly then a week later double it at night ant take 25mg in the morning, slowly increasing this to 300mg morning and evening. O.M.G I had to stop in the mornings as they completely knocked me out and was nodding off ( :sleep: ) every time I sat down. So I've stopped mornings now and only take 300mg's at night but I have to go to bed as soon as I feel it kicking in, a couple of times it's caught me on the hop and my children the oldest is 14 and the youngest is 12, have had to "help me to bed" lol, they think its hilarious, 3 steps up and 1 step down, missing the doorway and getting the door frame lol. Just persivere that's all you can do. Good luck :fingerscrossed:
jds1969
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:07 pm

Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Pregabalin

Postby Ariel » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:43 am

I've been on 50mg for two weeks - tonight I'll up it to 100mg...!

I waited for headaches to go before upping the dose, fingers crossed it'll be ok.

X
Diagnosed 2012! Hoping to learn more and make friends in the fibro community.
Ariel
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:39 pm

:fingerscrossed: Ariel . Its a hateful drug but a necessity to take away some of the pain.

:hugs:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby Gromit » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:54 pm

Hi,

Does anyone else get double vision after taking it?? I'm on 150 a day at the minute, it really does help. I've had a great day today - first day I've felt like myself in ages - and I think that's because I had to increase my dose last week and it's just kicking in.

Good luck hon, take care xx
Love from Grom :) xxx
Gromit
UKFM Member

Pregabalin

Postby mcconnellla » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:12 am

Well it's been a month now iv been taking this pregabalin have seen some relief but nothin huge. Im now taking 150mgs morning and night as well as quinine for my cramps. It still makes me a bit light headed and drunk feeling but bearable as long as I keep busy. I still have to take all my pain killers etc but I see my consultant every week as I work with him but he keeps saying just hold on I will see differences. Goodluck everyone it's not the nicest of medications x
mcconnellla
UKFM Member

Pregabalin

Postby Ariel » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:34 am

I took 100mg for the first time last night and it was horrible! I felt like I had to be peeled of the sofa to get up.

This morning I feel awful. I feel like I've been hit with a sledge hammer. My whole body is tingling, massive headache and I just can't get up.

I have to start work at 8 tomorrow, which means there's no way I can do this dose again until next week Friday,

I know that in the longer term it'll get better, but I'm so fed up of taking meds the feeling so awful :(

Will the side effects get better?

X
Ariel
UKFM Member

Pregabalin

Postby kathmoore1 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:18 am

I'm on 225 in the morning and 150 at night. It took me along time to get used to them and any more send me do lally!
The only meds that really help me are tradodol and diazepam
kathmoore1
UKFM Member

Pregabalin

Postby Ariel » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:31 pm

I took 50 mg for about 3 weeks for me to get used to it and this was the first time I've upped the dose. You are taking so much more than me! I guess I just have to ride this bit - just wonder how it's going to effect work.

Was on co-codamol, but side effects were horrendous and tramadol made me hallucinate! I guess it's a case of one tab at a time.

X
Ariel
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:16 pm

Hi Ariel

The side affects will get better, they normally last a couple of weeks. Wait until next weekend when you are off work and try taking the higher dose again. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Pregabalin

Postby Ariel » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:24 pm

Oh I hope so!

Have booked Friday off so I have three days to allow the worst of the side effects to pass.
X
Ariel
UKFM Member

Postby sharonmay » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:45 pm

Hi,
I am new to this forum but really interested in everyones comments. I have just started on Pregabalin after years of being on Amitryptoline. First dose was 150 mg morning and night, but felt really weird extreme tiredness and dizzy, spoke to doctor and I am now taking 300mg morning and night!! At first I was all over the place, dizzy, double vision, extremely tired, my brain wouldn't function I literally could not find the words I needed and felt that I was searching my brain for something that wasn't there!! Doctor signed me off work for two weeks so I could get used to the tablets and I am now on the 4th day of the 300mg dose and I feel not too bad, Yes I am tired, and occasionally my brain doesn't function. But all in all I am not in the extreme, all over my body pain and I sleep like a log, today I have spent cleaning the house from top to bottom and haven't stopped, could not do that before without having to take breaks! Hope this continues, but I must say that my ankles are swollen for the first time and I have put on about 8lbs in just a few days, I hope that doesn't increase as I wasn't the slimmest of people to start with! Anyone else on Pregabalin with the same symptoms?
sharonmay
UKFM Newbie

Pregabalin

Postby Ariel » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:36 pm

Day 2 of 100mg and I'm much better than I was yesterday. Sure I will be able to go up to 150mg next weekend.

Ankles have been very tight and think I've gained about 5lbs already!!!
Ariel
UKFM Member

Pregabalin

Postby kathmoore1 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:17 pm

Horrible to say, but I'm glad it's not just me!
I'm on 150mg am and 225mg pm of pregabalin. I've put on a stone in 8 months and I do watch my weight normally. Not fair that you take meds to help you but end up making you more depressed!
kathmoore1
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to Treatments & Medication