[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - not sure about meds

not sure about meds

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

not sure about meds

Postby joanna-faith » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:52 pm

I am so confused over medication have been since diganosed, i am on amirtiptylene which luckly does help me sleep and have been on tramadol which i found didnt do much only make me want to sleep every second of the day so i dont take them very often but my doctor seems very unsure what to give me and dont really want to try new meds.
Can anyone suggest some medication that could help i will mention it to my doctor
Thankyou. :blowkiss:
joanna-faith
UKFM Member

Re: not sure about meds

Postby multy1969 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:23 pm

well my doc told me tramadol was no good for fibro....ive tried a few things ,on pregabalin at the moment x
multy1969
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:25 pm

Linky to info about the types of meds used to try and manage FM http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalg ... tment.aspx

As well as the pain killer type meds, gabapentin and pregabalin are regularly used to try and manage FM, so you could ask if one of them might be suitable for you to try. They are anticonvulsents that have been found to help with FM, something to do with reducing the amount of electrical activity in the brain which can help with reducing the pain messages that fire off around our bodies.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby jds1969 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:44 pm

Hello, I'm on Amitriptyline, Diazepam, Pregabelin and a patch (Transtec) which has morphine in it. Hope this helps :-)
jds1969
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:33 pm

Different docs seem to have different ideas about how to treat us so its a bit of a mess really :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby joanna-faith » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:03 pm

Thanks everyone, its been a great help i am so bad today i dont have appointment tomorrow but am going to docs first thing as i need some proper medication, i have wrote down some suggestions from your post and will see where i get to tomorrow,
joanna-faith
UKFM Member

Postby CottonSocks » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:26 pm

I just stopped taking amitriptyline because it was making me cry loads! I am still in limbo as to what my illness actually is though. Just on cocodamol and naproxen now, so sleepy though.
CottonSocks
UKFM Member

Postby multy1969 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:56 pm

my doc said all he can do is up my pregabalin now cos ive tried everything else,he also said if they dont work u can always have a couple of glasses of alcohol at night...still cant win cos the fibro has give me an aversion to alcohol and i cant stomache it now loll cant win xxx
multy1969
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication