Changing back from Pregabalin to Gabapentin, & Trigger Point

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Changing back from Pregabalin to Gabapentin, & Trigger Point

Postby Linz2209 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:02 pm

Changing back from Pregabalin to Gabapentin because its made me put on so much weight, in process of weaning off it to start gaba again and I can't wait to get back on it! I only tried pregab as I was having trouble staying asleep at night but I'd rather be wide awake than feel so down about myself.

On a positive note, I'm at the hospital on Monday for my 10 trigger point injections and I can't wait as they release the muscles so much.
Linz2209
UKFM Member

Re: Changing back from Pregabalin to Gabapentin, & Trigger Point

Postby babajane32 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:51 pm

Trigger point injections??...what are these...pray tell!!
babajane32
UKFM Member

Postby Linz2209 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:46 pm

They are really painful injections into 10 trigger points, I think its a long acting steroid and lidocaine to numb a bit.

They are so painful but after a couple of days I can feel my neck, shoulder and back muscles ease slightly.

They dont get rid of muscle pain but they do help. I get them at the Pain Clinic at my local hospital every 3 months.

Every little helps I suppose!!
Linz2209
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:10 pm

A little bit here and there definitely helps and :fingerscrossed: eventually they'll all meet up and relief will be complete :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby babajane32 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:21 pm

OOOh, want some!! want some!! ...have terrible pain pints all over...hubby does a mega hard massage on them that hurts like hell, but it does give relief for a day or two after..mioght metion to my doc see if he can refer me back to pain clininc to see if i would be suitable:) ..some hope,but anything worth a try at this point...:)
babajane32
UKFM Member

Postby Linz2209 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:15 pm

They really are a big help, my GP referred me to the Pain Management Clinic at the hospital.

I do sometimes have a deep tissue massage when its nearing the 2 month point, like you, they hurt like hell but do ease muscles eventually - I think!!
Linz2209
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication