[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - duloxatine???

duloxatine???

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

duloxatine???

Postby fliss » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:23 pm

hi all hope ur all doing well,iv been back at the docs tonight,he has now prescribed me duloxatine anti ds,i was wondering if anyone has any experience of them and are they any good.im a bit upset tbh as i had just managed to reduce the amount of meds i take but then ended up in excrutiatin agony im so tired and fed up,last week i was finally diagnosed with fibro,m.e,cfs,and cps.along with my previous ones of psoriasis,hypermobility syndrome,syncopes episodes,extremely low sodium level,depression(which is gettin worse and worse),having the wrong shaped kneecaps so they dont fit properly,eczema,rhinitis,blephuritis,migraines and body twitching.at the minute each day im taking morphine x4,paracetamol x12,naproxen x4,saliva stimulating tabs x16(can take upto 20),cetirizine x1,amitriptyline x 2,dihydrocodeine x 6,neotigason(Retinoids) x1,lansoprazole x1,sodium chloride x8 and now duloxatine x2,im just so fed up of all the meds but i hav tried not takin them but then i end up agony i just wondered if any1 else takes this amount of meds and if any1 has tried duloxatine as i wondered if it was any good??? :( :( :(
fliss
UKFM Member

Re: duloxatine???

Postby missmaxi » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:36 pm

Hi Fliss, I have been taking Duloetine for a couple of years now, I don't have a ny side effects(but everyone is different) I find it's good for my depression but not sure it does much for muy fibro because I am still in agony and take various other meds too. I hope they work for you, God Bless :crazy: x
missmaxi
UKFM Newbie

Postby fliss » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:59 pm

thank u,i just get a bit worried when my gp changes my meds around,as i hav had bad side effects to alot of meds xx
fliss
UKFM Member

Postby Lottebo » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:55 am

I have taken Duloxatine for over a year now and I am really happy with them. I am on the highest dose of them though. I get Seroquel with them instead of Amitriptyline and it w:orks really well. Of course I still get flare ups (having a really bad one today :( ), but they have still helped me (something I definately got proof of when I tried coming of the Seroquel). You have to be patient because it takes a while for the medicin to work, but hang in there. It might not take the pain away completely but it definately makes the good days really good and the bad days bearable.
Good luck. XxX
Lottebo
UKFM Member

Postby dawnemmerich » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:21 pm

I have been moved over to this from Citalopram. I find it stops that intense burning in my hips most of the time but still have all the other pain! Every little helps though!!
dawnemmerich
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Hi
I have been on it for about 3 months now, at first i did feel dizzy and tired so i found it better for me to take them of an evening so i sleep through the side effects.

I changed over to Duloxatine from another type of anti`ds but still think its a bit early to tell if they are working on me.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby fliss » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:10 pm

dawnemmerich thats what my gp has done with me as citalopram was not working anymore and shazq im dizzy anyway lol seriously i hav syncopes episodes so the dizziness wont bother me too much,my gp has put me on 2 a day one in morning one at night,thank u all for ur help xx
fliss
UKFM Member

Postby fliss » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:56 pm

well i took one this mornin at 2am and slept till 5am had brekkie and normal meds and went back to sleep till 1030am i cannot believe it iv actually had sleep after weeks and weeks of at the most 2 hrs and to top it off iv had 2 naps since 1030 wow i hope this is a side effect and wears off a little as i really cant be doin with feelin this tired,also a quick question ?did any of u feel really sickly when startin these as i feel really sick yet iv been able to eat xxx
fliss
UKFM Member

Postby sknowles456 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:45 pm

i had a terrible reaction to duloxetine years ago, after just one tablet, i collapsed and went in an ambulance to hospital. I had had an allergic reaction to it. I then felt really sick with diarrhoea for a week after and i couldn't sleep. Won't be taking that again. I take citalopram and find it works well for my anxiety too. Suzy x
sknowles456
UKFM Member

Postby sjc » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:41 pm

Hello folks!

I did try duloxetine several years ago, but I find that it made me have rapid heartbeat after the first time I took it, and I felt like I was having flu-like symptoms once I stopped taking this medication. Some people take anti-depressants, and it works for them....but sometimes anti-depressants do not work for everyone.....Duloxetine is a very powerful anti-depressant.

For more information on Duloxetine, follow the link below:

I hope it works for you though.

:-D
sjc
UKFM Member

Postby fliss » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:42 am

iv been taking it since saturday and i feel very sickly and crying all the time but thats nothing new for me,im finding it is making me even more fatigued than i was already but i will persevere with it as i know they can take a few months to work properly thank u all for ur help,advice and support xx
fliss
UKFM Member

Postby Elspeth » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:37 pm

Hiya

I've been on it for a year now. Started on 30mg, then 40 and now 60. I found the first few weeks very manic, it can initially make you v tired or v manic... then I started sleeping fantastically. I then had a few months of feeling a lot better, pain really reduced. It is especially effective with lumbar spine pain.

The worst side effect for me is having a dry mouth... Sounds ridiculous but it is quite annoying, I have to carry water with me everywhere.

So basically i generally find it quite good. I certainly could not have done without it when I was first diagnosed with everything I have, it was initially primarily for depression.

I'd say take notes on your symptoms/ side effects and give it at least two months if you can possibly can. xx
Elspeth
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication