[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - How many use LDN to treat fibro?

How many use LDN to treat fibro?

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

How many use LDN to treat fibro?

Postby Chelsea » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:50 pm

Hiya - hope you don't mind me popping in to see if anyone on here is using LDN as part of their treatment for fibro? I have posted on here some time ago - last year was a terrible year for me as I lost my mobility so 2011 was a year I'd rather forget - so apologies for coming across as 'out of touch'.

I am involved with a campaign to get LDN more widely accepted on the NHS and we have a real chance of progressing. An LDN All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) has been set up (please see my post in Politics and Lobbying). As there has already been a small scale trial done on LDN and fibro, it is important that we hear from as many people as possible to give us an idea of how many people in the UK are using LDN to treat their fibromyalgia.

Many thanks for reading this.

Hope everyone is as pain free as possible!

Chelsea
Chelsea
UKFM Member

Re: How many use LDN to treat fibro?

Postby Lemonzest2012 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:13 pm

LDN?
Lemonzest2012
UKFM Member

Postby lindaloola » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:41 pm

Ive been using it for nearly a year and I think it helps. I had to get it from Goa
lindaloola
UKFM Member

Postby MonkeyFeatures » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:42 pm

LDN = Low Dose Naltraxone.

I tried it but it totally blocked out my current pain meds so I had to stop it, it also flared up my IBS very badly. Its something i'd like to try again in the future though :) x

Mummy of 2 beautiful children My hubby is my rock!
MonkeyFeatures
UKFM Member

Postby Chelsea » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:08 pm

Thanks Lisa re the guidance on the search. Lindaloola thanks for letting me know you've been using it for a year and you think it helps, can I ask what dose you're taking?

Monkeyfeatures yes it will block out pain meds but most find after a while they don't need pain meds. Others I do know manage to combine the two if they are using Tramadol (not sure about other painkillers though). Thanks for sharing your experience, I personally understand the importance of pain control so wish you all the best!
Take care

Chelsea
LDNNow.com
Chelsea
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication