[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Acupam

Acupam

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Acupam

Postby mlou » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:10 pm

Hi all is or has anyone ever taken Acupan also known as Nefopam? I'm currently taking this at the moment and it doesn't seem to be working. Feedback would be appreciated thanks x
Last edited by mlou on Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mlou
UKFM Member

Re: Acupam

Postby Hetty » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:37 pm

Hi, I tried it but came off as it wasn't helping with my pain :-?
Hetty
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:50 pm

I've got nefopam as part of my cocktail, been on it for a yearish. Not sure how much of an effect it has on the FM pain, probably like the other ingredients in my recipe, it helps to take the edge of things. The thing it has helped with tho is my migraines :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Probably not much help with what you're wanting to know :facepalm: :facepalm: We're all so very different when it comes to meds and their effects. The only way you'll know if it is going to help you is to give it a go.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby tentimes » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:40 pm

I tried it and it just gave me a real banger of a headache. It's a seretonin, noradrenalin and dopamine agonist as well, which would explain the headaches in my case. Like anything, if it works hang on to it for grim death, otherwise keep searching :)
tentimes
UKFM Member

Postby leetankers » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:15 am

Hi, I was taking acupan for about 6 months without feeling any different at all.My doctor has changed me to pregabalin and I certainly am feeling much better than I did.The pain is with me everyday however the edge has been taken off it by pregabalin.Hope this helps and you aren,t in too much pain.Lee
leetankers
UKFM Member

Postby mlou » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:51 pm

Hi Lee well we have something in common I've been taking these now for a few months and there not doing a thing so I've come of them. I was also on Pregablin 100mg x 2 per day as well as the Acupan. My G.P said to come of the Acupan and up my Pregablin to 150mg x 2 per day and I've found they help, they dont get rid of the pain completely but certainly take the edge of things. I've been on numerous types of medications for pain and I have to say Pregablin is the best I've come across. Good to hear you have improved I hope it continues ;-)
mlou
UKFM Member

Postby leetankers » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:38 pm

Hi again I hope you can manage the pain better than I can!Think I might just be a wimp or something.Currently I am on sertraline,co codamol,aripiprazole,pregabalin and another to help me sleep.I am in bed and my brain isn,t working at moment,sorry.I feel doped up quite a lot of the time now but the pain is a bit less.Lee
leetankers
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication