[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - pain or abiltiy to wake up

pain or abiltiy to wake up

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

pain or abiltiy to wake up

Postby masonsbarms » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:41 pm

hi, i went to gp with what felt likie restless legs but in my arms aswell.

well hi uped my amatriptaline which has helped a bit but now i am finding even harder to get up in the morning,

most of you know i get up at 4.30 am and i never founf this a problem.

just wondering weather to go back down ond have the pain,

or is there something else he could give me.

thanks

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Re: pain or abiltiy to wake up

Postby rowan » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:55 pm

Nortriptyline is the same thing but without the sedative bit to it, that might be better for you :sleep:
rowan
UKFM Newbie

Postby Jadire » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:27 pm

I have restless arms. I suffered for years with it until my doctor told me there is such a thing as restless arms and not just restless legs. Unfortunately, I now have both!

I take PRAMIPEXOLE for it and it works wonders. Gone are the nights of rocking back and forth, waving my arms in the air and stretching my arms right down to my fingers to stop the weird sensations. This drug has been a God send.

I don't know if they have the liquid form of Amitriptyline over here but I had to use that for a while when I lived in Canada because I was so sensitive to the pill form. I started off at 1/4 tsp and then worked my way up to 10mg. If they do have it here maybe you could try it to see if you could take an in between dose.

I'm just about to start taking the 25mg tonight because the 10mg wasn't helping any more. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I wake up tomorrow. :-| I'll keep you posted. :-)
Take care

Jayne
Sometimes my mind wanders, and sometimes it leaves completely.......
Jadire
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:52 pm

hi thank you both, i am going to go back to 20mg tomight instead of 30mg,

i have made notes of your suggestions and will go and see gp with them.

again thanks

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby Lemonzest2012 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:56 pm

I "Squirm" all night in bed (being a King Duvet on the floor, hardness is bliss), cant lay still for a second as if I do the pain sets in.
Lemonzest2012
UKFM Member

Postby Jo43 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:05 pm

I take nortrip instead of amtrip because of the effects the next day but find that taking it at tea time rather than close to bedtime helps with it too. I also take Filnarine, 12 hr slow release morphine at night too and that helps control the pain so I usually sleep. Saying that I do have break through's where I can't sleep but that just goes with the territory I'm afraid. I don't think it can be fully controlled, just contained.
Good luck. x
Jo43
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:21 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Jadire » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:28 pm

I forgot about taking it earlier then bedtime to ward off the side affects the next day.

I started taking mine at 7pm at night and if I forgot to take it at that time I missed the dose for that night because I could guarantee if I took it any later I'd be like a zombie the next day.

My newly diagnosed best friend uses Nortriptyline and she had the same side affects so I guess it all depends on your own body as to which one suits you best.
Take care

Jayne
Sometimes my mind wanders, and sometimes it leaves completely.......
Jadire
UKFM Member

Postby jobes » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:31 pm

I have EXACTLY the same experience- I'm floored on taking Amytriptaline, so my choices are either to lie lie awake, shuffling cramping, deeply painful AND restless legs for hours on end each night or take the meds and spend approx 45 mins per morning attempting to wake up, feeling as if I've been exumed! However, I have had a good experience from both sticking with it for a period of 6-7 months now and ALSO cutting down (drastically) on sugar and wheat in my diet- the former being both a massive irritant and a dehydrating substance, the wheat being something I seem to be a bit intollerant to (I get instant itchy eyes and runny nose, etc). I hope that helps...? All the best.
jobes
UKFM Newbie

Return to Treatments & Medication