[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Lyrica 200mg

Lyrica 200mg

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Lyrica 200mg

Postby leetankers » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:23 pm

Just wondered if anyone else was prescribed these and how good they think they are.I have been taking them for 2 months now and am still in a fair bit of pain.Also if anyone could give me any advice on handling this pain better as it is ruining my life!
leetankers
UKFM Member

Re: Lyrica 200mg

Postby katarina » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:46 pm

I have been taking Pregablin for 6 months now, also taking Naproxen and Co-codemols for inflammation and pain. Lyrica has helped as far the nerve pain goes, its has given relief alth :crazy: ough I still suffer with pain in the shoulders lower back hips, hands and knees. I appear to be still very forgetful although I write everything down now so as to refresh my memory. I have just been referred to a rhumatologist now having just turned down anti-depressants(supposedly helps with seratonin levels) but having had these drugs after having my babies I know its not what I want anymore. I feel that so long as I am aive I manage better than lolling around. I do get extremely tired though, I cannot decide which is the wose the tiredness or the pain. Good luck, always find this site very helpful and it stops me thinking I am going around the twist lol:( :
Last edited by katarina on Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
katarina
UKFM Newbie

Postby daisy0609 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:47 pm

i am on 350mg lyrica and still needing tramadol, codeine,diclophenac and paracetamol during the day....my neuro said i should baisically be able to manage on just the lyrica alobe which i cant see happening anytime soon :( my gp has decidrd to wean me off them now instead of increasing my dose.....i was so looking forward to starting them as i hadbhead great things but gutted they havnt worked for me....back to square one! id love to hear of other people experiences also xx
daisy0609
UKFM Newbie

Postby Niblet » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:55 pm

Hi, I have been on 450mg a day for the past 6 months. I started on 150mg a day and gradually increased them to 150mg in the am and 300mg at night. My GP would like me to increase up to 600mg but I am happy with what I am on at the moment. I couldn't do without them ( I tried for 3 weeks and my pain increased massively). I still get flare ups and need pain killers but at least I can manage life. Hope this helps xxx
Niblet
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:58 pm

There are a few members on the med lee. It's also known as Pregabalin, so doing a search in this part of the forum may well throw up some other topics that could be helpful. It was originally an anti~convulscent med that was also found to help with FM, something to do with altering electrical activity in the brain which can help reduce the intensity of someone's symptoms.

From what I understand about the med, it can take from 1 to 3~4 months to fully get into your system and take effect, so you may need to wait a little longer to see what real benefits it has for you. The dose is also increased over a period of time until you reach the suitable/maximum dosage for you.

What sort of advice are you looking for wrt to handling the pain better?? Lots of us find that heat from the wheaty bags that can be microwaved can help sore areas, as can placing a hotty botty wrapped in a towel on a particularly sore area. Warm baths can also provide a little easing, as well as hot and/or cold treatments that are applied to the skin and rubbed in. There have also been a few mentions of things like ibugel stuff being rubbed into sore areas and providing some relief.

If you feel that you're being affected emotionally/psychologically due to FM, talking therapies can help with things like spotting triggers, devising coping strategies etc. Others have found physiotherapy, hydrotherapy and acupuncture can help. And of course there are the various meds available to try and help with the management. Maybe having a talk with your GP about what could be available in your area and what might be suitable for you to try would be somewhere to start.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby diane1 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:01 pm

Hi

Im only on 75mg of lyrica a day as im allergic to higher doses. I still feel a small benefit but also have to take 4000mg of dihydrochodiene, fuoxetine and 20 mg temazipam when needed. I take other things but they are for the other conditions related but not pain relief.

I have had fibro for 10 years now and so I dont take meds hoping for the pain to go I just look for some relief from the pain. Try other avenues to help like heat therapy or just hot water bottles or hot baths, doing something that will help take your mind off the pain although sometimes that one is impossible or come on here and have a rant.

You have to find what is right for you as were all different.Its like some drugs work for some but not for others.

The problem with Lyrica (pregabalin) is that it seems some areas wont prescribe it due to the cost so dont agree to come off it if you think it helps.

Good Luck
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby leetankers » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:31 pm

Thanks for all the replies up to now.I think I am probably struggling with life in general at the moment.What I have found is that the more energy and exertion that I do in a day then I pay for it the day or days after which is annoying as I used to enjoy bowling (by the way I am only 42 not 82) but find that while I have no major problems playing it normally,the longer I play for,the more I pay after for it.The pain is getting so bad now that I think I will have to pack in.I am on 600mg of pregabalin a day(3 200 mgs a day) so basically maximum dose.The depression is really bad at the minute too and I have been seeing a CMHT for that although they have just discharged me back to my GP.I am trying to open up and tell it as it is but keep forgetting what I am talking about sorry.Lee :(
leetankers
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication