[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - only allowed one Tramadol 50mg a day?

only allowed one Tramadol 50mg a day?

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: only allowed one Tramadol 50mg a day?

Postby sknowles456 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:48 pm

I recently changed from cocodamol to tramadol but my doctor only gave me 100 and i need to take 8 a day so really need 220 a month. Have an appointment next week to ask him to increase them but he mentioned the addiction issue as well but i need them to have a life. If he is funny i will ask to be referred to pain clinic. I too don't care about addiction as long as i am not in pain. Suzy ps i used to take cocodamol and tramadol together but he stopped the cocodamol as he said you can't take both but i did and felt much better. Now run out of cocodamol.
sknowles456
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:00 pm

I've been reading this with interest as the Trammies are part of my current cocktail and I'm maxxed out on them, with nefopam for added oomph :shock: :shock: Reading about having the Trammies rationed is :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: I can't recall being told I can only take such a low amount of a med.

You might be better looking into the pros and cons of the slow release trammies so you can be prepared for anything your GP might say. Not sure if you can get a Trammie patch, but there are other types of the pain killing patches, so having a good look into them might help as well, then go to see your GP about what could be suitable for you.

Hope you can find some relief and easing soon :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby sweetleaf2 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:50 pm

It says ONE capsule as required.... but does it say ONE per day, or ONE daily? I think your doc may be just restricting you to one per dose, rather than one per day?
I came off co-codamol because of the risk of addiction, and the possibility of bowel stoppage, and now take 300mg Pregabalin and up to 400mg Tramadol a day depending on pain levels, my Doctors are quite happy for this to continue. If I were you I would see a different doctor, or the same one, and have this confusion cleared up.
One per day is ridiculous. Did you tell your Doc you had been borrowing your mums meds? You may have falsely given her the idea that you are getting addicted, rather than the truth... that you are just running out because you didnt order in time, which is what I understood from what you have written.

I hope it all turns out ok, or at least better than it is now. :-)
I`m not over the hill I`m still climbing it, thats why I`m so tired all the time
sweetleaf2
UKFM Member

Re: only allowed one Tramadol 50mg a day?-update

Postby angesparkle » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:10 pm

Hi everyone
Got meds sorted out- had a good conversation with doc on phone. I suggested that I try slow -release tramadol and she agreed. she has given me 60 Tramaquel slow release capsules. It says take one capsule daily- but shen told me verbally I can take 2 a day no probs. Spoke to really helpful pharmacist who queried only taking one a day and looked up her bf book and it said 100mg a day. She seemed to be of the opinon I was better off taking tramadol than co-codamol and should top up with co-codamol abd make Tramadol my main drug and said that 50mg is a very very low dose and so 2 is fine and also I consider takinga 24hr release tablet which might be good too.
I mentioned going to the pain clinic to the doc and she said n she'd rather deal with my medication herself and that the pain clinic gives out too much medication?!. Anyway, I got the message across about my pain being worse than it was a couple of yrs ago and I think she understands and that fact that she has given me 60 is a major breakthrough and means I won't be running out at the end of the month and have loads left to take if I need to. The pharmacist also said that Tramadol are not that addictive compared to say diazepam and I am such a low dose so it is irrelevent really- i'm paraphrasing here!), Anyway sorry for rambling but RESULT!!! :-D
Thanks to all for all info regarding slow release tramadol and all your help- it pays to have knowlege about your own health and your own drugs.
FIBRO, CFS, GAD,TMJ, SQUINT,ASTHMA,DYPSRAXIA,DISCALCULIA, BPV, HYPERMOBILITY.
angesparkle
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Treatments & Medication