[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Coping without meds?

Coping without meds?

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Coping without meds?

Postby denys » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:56 pm

Dont worry Pinky they can go up but its best done slowly to avoid too many side effects :fingerscrossed: you start to get some relief soon :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:25 pm

You did well managing a month without meds pinky :clap: :clap: :clap: I wouldn't manage a day without them :shock: :shock: :shock: With you being on the lowest dosage at the moment, it could be that some tweaking is needed to get the right levels for you.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby dizzychick » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:51 pm

I have just been diagnosed rather bluntly by a consultant, who sent me away with a leaflet and told me to ask my gp for a referral to a pain clinic. My GP seems to think all this i weight related and has told me once i loose more weight it will go away, she has signed me off work for 3 weeks and says rest and paracetamol is best. Other Drs have put me on amatripilyne which made me feel awful and tramdol which kept me up itching. I recently came of prozac which i had been on for 4 years for pmt, i have decided to restart that and go with the paracetamol and leave other meds well alone. No referral to the pain clinic which im not sorry about i want to try other ways first.
I am going to try self hypnosis and i am lucky enough to have a hot tub which i haven't used for ages im going to try that. I don't have a lot of money for alternative treatments but i wondered if learning to meditate might help.
I am on a year long journey to a healthier me, last September the day before my youngest child's 15th birthday i gave up smoking and 3 weeks ago i started loosing weigh, i have 5 stone to loose and have lost half a stone. This journey was supposed to make me feel better but now i feel cheated and wonder if i will be able to do the things i want to do.
I want to start exercising but my gp says wait and rest, i love swimming but the thought i water that's not warm jut makes me feel horrible i feel like such a whimp, i wondered if learning yoga might help.
I need a plan.
dizzychick
UKFM Newbie

Previous

Return to Treatments & Medication