30mg Duloxetine & 75mg Pregabalin

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

30mg Duloxetine & 75mg Pregabalin

Postby geordiescarer » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:19 am

Hi There :-D
Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
My hubby has just been prescribed 30mg Duloxetine (one a day) to take along with 75mg Pregabalin (one twice a day), we were just wondering if anyone had any experiences with this combination - good or bad - seen on here other people have taken Duloxetine with other meds but no-one has mentioned it with Pregabalin.
Regards
Karen
geordiescarer
UKFM Member

Re: 30mg Duloxetine & 75mg Pregabalin

Postby multy1969 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:11 pm

yeh im on those 2 hun, i take mine an hour or so apart and im fine,just a little dizziness til they kicked in x
multy1969
UKFM Member

Postby zararara » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:19 pm

Sorry this isnt an answer for you, but are they meds for fibro? My gp just gives me tramadol and said that's it for fibro! Are there more drugs that can help?
zararara
UKFM Member

Postby Graciebaby » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:26 pm

I am on both these meds. They work well together, however I am on 90mg per day of Duloxetine. It's supposed to help with both mood and pain. It hasn't done a great deal for the pain, but Duloxetine has helped my mood considerably.
Both can make you feel a bit nauseous and dizzy at first (rather like being on a merry go round) but it does settle down and I think both meds are worth persevering with.
The only trouble with Pregabalin is that it causes weight gain, but I'm hoping that if I eventually see some improvement in my pain levels, that I might be able to do more walking and exercising.

Everyone reacts differently to medication, but this is a pretty good combination to be on. You really just have to try them out.
I'm increasing my dose very gradually in the hope that eventually I will reach a sort of optimum benefit from them.

Hope your hubby goes on ok with them. He's actually starting on a pretty low dose, so perhaps his doc is being cautious and will increase them or adjust them gradually.

G. x
Graciebaby
UKFM Member

Postby diane1 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:58 pm

Zararara

I'd see a different GP if you can or print off details of fibro from this site including details of meds and take this to your gp. I have tried many combinations of meds which are usually a mix of anti depression meds and anti epileptic meds with the addition of things like Pregabalin . It can be a trial trying to find the right combo when you go through the side effects of each drug but if you can find the right combo for you it helps enormously. If the fibro is in the early stages it might help in that you might not need the strong pain killers like tramadol.

Good luck with it all :goodluck2:
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby Azz » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:00 pm

I started on Pregablin today 75 mg twice a day, I will go back to the doctor in four weeks time to discuss whether it has helped.
Hannah xx

To live life to the full, is to be true to myself. By being true to myself I live life to the full :)
Azz
UKFM Member

Postby geordiescarer » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:51 am

Just an update on this post
Has been on this combination for a month now and hasn't had any side effects - in fact hubby says his head seems a little clearer "not so fuzzy" are his exact words!
GP has now increased the Duloxetine to 60mg (one a day) alongside the 75mg Pregabalin (twice a day).
Will keep you posted how we progress :-D
geordiescarer
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:28 am

Glad he is starting to fell better.....to borrow for one of the major suepermarkets.............every little helps :-D
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby jom2774 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:58 pm

How long approximately did it take for fuzzy head to clear. I have just started Pregabalin and I still feel very fuzzy after this mornings one. Earlier it was either get into bed or fall over. Not good when you have an 11 year old in the house.
Thanks Jo
jom2774
UKFM Member

Postby wildbird » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:42 pm

Hi, I'm intreasted how the medication is working together as I have recently started Lyrica (pregabalin) it was prescibed by my rhymotoligst two weeks ago and he said he would write to my gp to continue with the treatment, What he recommended was upping the pregabalin over the next few months, which my gp has agreed to do, but the rhymotoligst also said about putting me on Duloxetine but my gp refused point blank to even consider this, he said there was no way I could take the two medications!!!!
wildbird
UKFM Newbie

Return to Treatments & Medication