[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Gave in and an update may be TMI

Gave in and an update may be TMI

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby pinky1 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:35 am

Went to see my go last week as I want managing with the pain without some type of meds. So we spoke and decided to try 3 2mhs diazepam a day for the muscle spasms. And just. Really low dose of co codamol because of my previos addiction to them. Although she trusts that this was a problem a had a long while ago. The diazepam has certainly been helping with the muscle spasms up until a couple of days ago. I started my period yesterday (my cycles are getting shorter) and I find my pain is always worse just before and during my period. I've just had another smear this week as I had abnormal cells a year ago so they've been doing them every six months. I've been getting loads of unusual discharge for a year now (sorry for the TMI especially if men are reading) I had swabs done a while ago and they were normal but after I have birth I tore badly and have been left with a small hole 'down there' which hasn't healed, so I had swabs done from that. Hoping nothing sinister shows up.
I was on diazepam a few years ago for 7/8 years, 5mg, 3 times a day and I'm pretty sure they didn't make me so tired. But that could possibly be the fibro yeah?
Also saw the physio two days ago. He was lovely but said I was obviously well read on fibro and couldn't really help me out much more. He said he was impressed at how well I had seemed to accept the diagnosis. He did talk about pacing, mayn't keeping an activity diary and monitoring etc. Also we talked about swimming ( although I did tell him I love swimming I jut don't have a reliable babysitter to go)

Anyway, he said I didn't need to go back unless I felt there was other problems that came up. I asked if I should be having a diagnosis by a rheumatologist but he said if he thinks its fibro, my GP has diagnosed fibro then it's fibro and all a rheumy would do is confirm this.

Anyway thank if you managed to read all that
X
pinky1
UKFM Member

Re: Gave in and an update may be TMI

Postby denys » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:18 pm

Glad you are managing well with less meds Pinky, :fingerscrossed: all the problems over periods will sort itself out. I think its quite common for an increase in pain before etc. The fatigue may well be fibro and not the diazapam :fingerscrossed: you manage to get out to swim a bit more :-) :-) :-) :-)
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby pinky1 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:28 pm

pinky1
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:50 pm

Keep going you are doing so well :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby pinky1 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:44 pm

pinky1
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:10 pm

Glad you're feeling pretty good pinky :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: Hope it carries on for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Treatments & Medication