[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hydrotherapy & FM

Hydrotherapy & FM

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hydrotherapy & FM

Postby lisaward127 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:54 pm

Hello

I have today had my first Rheumatologist appointment and had some more xrays and blood tests to rule out any other possibilities and then they will diagnose FM. I also have scoliosis of the upper part of my back and this is causing me a great deal of pain, I told today that the Rheumatologist is going to ask my Dr to refer me for "Hydrotherapy" as I haven't had a great deal of success with pshio. Was wondering if this will be helpful and if anyone alls have had some result from this treatment? Not sure that I have ever seen anything about it here or anywhere ells as a treatment for FM. :lol:
Lisa Ward
lisaward127
UKFM Member

Re: Hydrotherapy & FM

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:55 pm

I've moved you into here lisa as it's a more suitable part of the forum for what you're asking about.

If you do a search you should find some mentions of Hydrotherapy as it pops up occasionally. For some it can make a difference, for others it doesn't do much at all, which is typical of all things FM~related :facepalm: :facepalm: The only way you'll know if it it for you is to give it a go and see how it goes for you.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby jane.k » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:13 pm

Hi Lisa, i loved hydrotherapy, the only downside for me was that i was only give a limited number of sessions. The pool is lovely and deep and very warm, the warmth and the exercises really helped, the best part was just floating and relaxing. I felt quite tired afterward but would definately go again x
jane.k
UKFM Member

Hydrotherapy & FM

Postby pinky1 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:43 pm

I saw a physio last week who said I wouldn't be referred as they don't use hydrotherapy unless people are in wheelchairs or severely disabled! I'm guessing it was more down to a money thing tbh.
He suggested acupuncture but didn't offer that on the NHS either.
X
pinky1
UKFM Member

Postby mabel » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:45 pm

went for first hydro last week after suffering with fibro for 7 years, unfortunetly will not be going again. it is too far away too travel, too much walking when i got to the hospital. very old victirian pool did not look very clean. water was very hot and a few women had their full clothes on for cultural reasons etc.All in all i didnt feel it was very hygenic and the whole experience was too stressful for me. i was i could use a normal pool but it is just tooo cold!
mabel
UKFM Member

Postby Midnite Warrior » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:46 am

Hello,

Yes hydrotherapy can be a great help with FM, I have a hot tub in a summer house in the garden and use it every day with or without the jets. It gives a relief to many parts of the body, espically at this time of year and really helps to ease those tired muscles. Most people don't relise that hot tubs come VAT free when used for hydrotherapy, one of the best investments i've made since I had my FM.
It brings your body up to it's correct temp and takes away the pressure that we all suffer with all the time. Would highly recommend the out lay if you can afford one and yes they can be a bit pricey until you take the Vat off.

Kind and Gentle hugs to you all. x
Midnite Warrior
UKFM Newbie

Hydrotherapy & FM

Postby lisaward127 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:19 pm

Thank You for all the replies. I am not sure about hydrotherapy as I am uncomfortable with using shared swimming pools, and it will also depend on the distance I need to travel to the closest facility, I am new to FM and still trying to find my feet and accepting the condition, this forum is great to learn from so thank you all again for sharing.
Lisa Ward
lisaward127
UKFM Member

Hydrotherapy & FM

Postby kathmoore1 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:32 pm

I've had 6 sessions of hydro so far but it's not helping me a bit. I was told I was to be graded slowly, but instead I had to go backwards dramatically.
It's ok in the pool but get out and afterwards that is the problem
kathmoore1
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication