Dosulepin

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Dosulepin

Postby Saffi » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:49 pm

I havent seen any one mention this.

My consultant prescribed it as a muscle relaxant considering pain relief and even anaesthetics no longer work on me. I found that when you take it just before bed I lost all feeling in arms and legs after a small bout of pins and needles. It was WONDERFUL. I slept 12 hours straight and felt awake when I woke up.

The first night I did feel like my lung had collapsed (muscles in the chest probably too relaxed) which was horrendous, but I put it down to sitting up for half an hour in bed after taking the drug then laying down. Similarly I woke up too early (about 9 hours into the 12) and fell down the stairs fracturing my foot, because my body wouldnt work at all. If I got up early I would keep passing out/falling asleep and feel nausious and shakey until the twelve hour period was up.

Other than that I had no problems with it. I'm only not taking it at the moment because I cant afford the prescription.

IMO and for me, it was better than pregabalin which I hated, and any codeine based pain-relief which dont work on me.
the internet is a lot like Ancient Egypt... people writing on walls and worshipping cats
Saffi
UKFM Member

Re: Dosulepin

Postby laurah » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:52 am

I started these 2 wks ago but I dont seem get same effects as u. my dr told me they were more of an anti-depressant tho? Im not noticing any difference so lucky u x
laurah
UKFM Member

Re: Dosulepin

Postby denys » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:09 pm

I have been on it for over 12 months it works in conjunction with other meds, it is used as an antidepressant at higher doses but as pain relief at the lower amount dont have any of the side effects you have mentioned
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Dosulepin

Postby Morgana » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:14 pm

I took one dose and then gave it back to my GP - side effects were horrible... staggering around like I'd been on a three day bender, unable to stay upright unless I was clinging to the walls or the furniture, feeling dizzy and sick as a dog... never again!
Morgana
UKFM Member

Location: A filing cabinet in Hell... or at least that's what it feels like!

Return to Treatments & Medication