[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Gabapentin

Gabapentin

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Gabapentin

Postby tintagel » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:16 pm

Hi, I'm new to all this. Could anyone tell me how long Gabapentin takes to work on fibro, if it's going to? I'm up to 1800mg a day and no effect whatsoever. Pin still widespread and awful.
Thankyou.
tintagel
UKFM Member

Re: Gabapentin

Postby shazq » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:28 pm

Hi

They can take up to 4-6 weeks to fully kick in to your system so if you have been taking them longer than a couple of months you should go back to see your gp, some like you to try them for a longer period of time but its worth talking to them if they are not doing anything.

I tried them for 6 months gradually increasing the dose but they did nothing for me either so came off them.

Have you tried pregablin? they are similar to Gaba`s but might be better suited to you. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Re: Gabapentin

Postby froggy72 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:43 pm

i am on these at mo 900mg on since feb this year not working. :( paracetmel n codinedydrocodine pain relif then anti sickness cylizine domperadone
mevabevin for tummy pain
.i feel its all i do is take tablets.xxx
froggy72
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication