[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Morphine

Morphine

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Morphine

Postby leetankers » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:54 pm

Hi all,I just wondered if anyone had been prescribed morphine for their pain as I am in severe pain and am willing to try anything now.Every waking minute my legs and back ache so much its crippling me.I am feeling sick with pain just now.Currently I am on pregabalin and for the first month they seemed to be working and then th pains came back with avengeance.Any ideas of anything else that works for pain would be much appreciated.Lee
leetankers
UKFM Member

Re: Morphine

Postby sknowles456 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:16 pm

I have oromorph which is liquid morphine but take it only sparingly when i am particularly bad. it is actually prescribed for my severe ibs. I know of people on this forum who have fentanyl patches which is morphine and i believe they help with severe pain. I personally take cocodamol for my ibs and tramadol for my fm but am not good at the moment and have a rheumi appt tomorrow so will see what they say. I am sure others can tell you of their experiences with morphine. Suzy
sknowles456
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:50 am

I am on a Butrans patch which works in teh same way to morphine in the body. I have it fo rmy back and it also helps with the FM pain. I am then only allowed co codamol for breakthrough and Lyrica for the neuralgic pain.

Good luck with getting something that helps
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby sparky630 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:04 am

Hi I am on morphine sulphate tablets and oromorph. I am also on gabapentin amytr , duloxetine and on really bad days diazepam.

However I had a severe back injury in 2007 and suffered nerve damage below my waist. Its like anything else really as at first it works and then u build up a tolerance to it so you have to increase the dose. After my back I suffered chronic pain and I thought it was really bad but I had yet to meet mr fm lol. He came in 2009.

I think patches oromorph anything like that will work for u but

A) prepare yourself to feel a bit drugged, it may or may not happen. If you persevere the feeling wears off

B) you will start on it and you'll prob feel pain free and think bril, then after a while u'll build up a tolerance to it and the pain comes back.

What I have found Im really sori to say is that the DRS find it very hard to kill nerve pain and the pain us fibros have

However, this is only my story if your pain is unbearable then u need smthg stronger.

I am reducing the mst really slowly as it scares me that I am on all these strong drugs and the amount I take daily, then Im still in pain.

Good luck and fingers crossed you get sorted

Xx
sparky630
UKFM Member

Postby gimpyphil » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:01 am

Hi,It is true,the longer you take pain relief it takes higher and higher doses to help keep your pain at bay.If I take the full blown morphine it makes me sick but tramadol etc is ok.I know a lot of docs don't like to give morphine out unless everything else fails.

Phil.
gimpyphil
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:01 pm

Hi

I have tried 2 trypes of morphine patches but found your body does become used to them & they needed to be increased often. Ihad to come off them as the plaster caused my skin to blister.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Treatments & Medication