No sleep or just too much .. Happy medium anyone?

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

No sleep or just too much .. Happy medium anyone?

Postby sooz59 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:31 pm

Hi all,
I was originally prescribed amytryptiline for both pain relief and help with sleeping, however this had little or no effect on either problem. My meds were then changed to Mirtazepine, and although i now manage to sleep at night, as i am too zonked to notice any pain, I am also sleepy throughout the day, which is impacting severely on my work, and i'm frequently unable to stay awake much after 8pm .... Please someone tell me there's a happy medium to be had :sleep:
sooz59
UKFM Newbie

Re: No sleep or just too much .. Happy medium anyone?

Postby lisaward127 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:40 am

Hello, I think sleeping is one of the most common problems with FM, glad to hear you get some sleep, or sometimes we think we do but we don't get to a really deep sleep because of pain. I have made peace with the fact that I just cant sleep long hours, I am in 20mg of Amatriptilene and this doesn't help me a lot at all. I am still in the early stages of treatment and trying to find a treatment that works for me.

Wish you all the best and hope the effects of the tablets subside a bit so you can find a happy medium. :shock:

Gentile hugs.
Lisa Ward
lisaward127
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication