Diazepam

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Diazepam

Postby kitten » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:14 pm

Has anyone been prescribed Diazepam for muscle spasm in the neck I have these for 6 weeks now tried the usual wheat bags gels with no effect , in the end had to go to my GP If any one has been prescribed them how long does' it take to have any effect hope it's instant :!:
kitten
UKFM Member

Re: Diazepam

Postby crochetkid » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:38 pm

If they are going to help, it should be more or less straight away, as they are quite short-acting. Did they give you any other info on them?

Gentle hugs xxx
crochetkid
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:43 pm

I have had them a couple of times the last one was for the muscles in my back, they work within a couple of doses for me so :fingerscrossed: its the same for you
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Charlie28 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:28 pm

Hi there

I have diazepam for muscle spasm. It works really well because not only does it stop the spasm, but it relaxes you too so you forget about it, stop holding yourself so stiffly and move more freely, this means the problem doesn't continue for days or weeks at a time.

Only problem is that it is "addictive"; I find I use it to help me sleep at night now, but I only take 2mg tablets at any time.

Hope that helps

Charlie
Charlie28
UKFM Member

Postby Charlie28 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:29 pm

P.S. Dont take it on an empty stomach - I took a 5mg tablet for first time at work 3hours after breakfast and I almost passed out/vomited! Quite strong first time round.
Charlie28
UKFM Member

Postby sknowles456 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:59 am

i have them for anxiety and panic attacks but am prescribed very few. if you take them every day when you stop it makes you feel really anxious. They are highly addictive so should be used sparingly. x
sknowles456
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:19 am

Had a few Diazapam for muscle spasms in my back and I treasure them like gold dust. They are short acting so will probably help straight away. I have to admit to squirriling away a few for times I can not sleep and have had a run of broken nights sleep ,when nothing you do seems to work. Even just the few hours they give when you are reaching that zombie state is bliss.
Unfortunatly GP's tend not to give out that many (last script was for 14 ) as they are so adictive and people in the past have had such problems coming off them .

Hope you are feeling better soon.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby kitten » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:02 am

Thanks everybody for taking the time to reply ,on the second dose as of yet no change, GP told me only to take them for a few days in the day ,as I take 20 mgs of Amp at night , have to go back to see her in a weeks time , the only difference at the moment is that my mouth is very dry
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:40 am

they can give you a dry mouth :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby kitten » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:43 pm

well have take them since Friday and have just felt some improvement in my neck today ( Sunday) not brilliant but at least I can move it .for the time being

is this common with fibro that you have muscle spams that can last for 6 weeks :?:
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:43 am

Whats common :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: we are all different so really we can only say what is common to ourselves, I dont tend to get spasms lasting that long cos if I get really bad ones I go to the doc, generally get diazapam or similar and it loosens up within a few days.

So dont really know how long they would last untreated?????? 6 weeks is an awful long time to have it in spasm continually, can you rub it out??? and then it go back in or is it locked all the time?????

Glad you are finally getting some relief even if its just a little and hopefully it will get lots better for you now :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Iceskatemum » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:38 am

Kitten , when I get back /neck spasms I tend to go to a chiropracter who has magic fingures adn works it all away. Have only been once since DX with Fm and while it was tough it was bearable and the results were amazing.

Would this be worth a try, given the length of time you have had the spasm?
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby kitten » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:01 am

Hi denys
Had a friend round yesterday who does massage spent a good 1/2 on my neck and the top of my neck and shoulders she could feel knots there gave a good massage , and this morning I have practically got full movement in my neck , think it must be a combination of the tablets rubbing gel on and a wheat bag plus early nights with a hot water bottle at the back of my neck ,got an other session with her tomorrow :fingerscrossed: it will be OK one thing is for certain if I have an other episode I will never leave it this long again
Thanks every one for the reply
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby kitten » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:56 am

Had an other neck massage yesterday , today is the first time in nearly 6weeks that I have felt more movement in my neck I can actually move it from side to side I didn't realize how bad it was now I can move it , feels good at the moment , :fingerscrossed: think I 'll call the butcher and tell him to put the axe away :lol: :lol: got one more neck massage have stopped the Diazepam will keep on with the heat treatment and see how it goes :blowkiss: to everyone
kitten
UKFM Member

Diazepam

Postby pinky1 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:43 pm

Sorry late to this thread. I'm on diazepam for the muscle spasms and they certainly help.
X
pinky1
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Treatments & Medication