[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Diazepam

Diazepam

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Diazepam

Postby kitten » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:21 pm

Well that was short lived back on the Diazepam for my neck whilst searching the web ,why the pain is attacking the back of my neck and the side of my ear and over the front of my head and then into my eye , and then the front of my neck , feels like swollen glands , now across the back of my shoulfders I came across Chronic Myofascial Pain that can go along side FM as any one else had this if so does any one know the best treatment for it .
so far I have tried a wheat bag ,hot water bottle, heat lamp gels that you rub in they give short time relief , keeping a scarf on all day I am trying to keep it as mobile as I can even though it's painful
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby kitten » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:28 pm

Sorry forgot to mention that I have also had massage's
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby mel38 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:56 am

Hi people

Does anyone know if there is an alternative to Diazepam? My doc gave me 21 pills (2mg) and they worked wonders for severe spasms in my neck , the only problem is I was only allowed them short term as they are highly addictive and my neck and back spasms have returned :-?

Melanie x
mel38
UKFM Newbie

Postby Flash » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:51 pm

Gabapentin seems to be helpful to many on here, you can google it and look on wikipeadia and other sites. very informative. I came off it purely because of weight gain. My GP has just perscribed me diazepam instead as I had it before after a neck injury and it helped. I wonder if it would work the other way around for you. Have a look around other posts and see what others say or maybe ask your GP for advise. Good luck.
Flash
UKFM Member

Diazepam

Postby pinky1 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:17 pm

I'm on 2mg Diaz 3 times a day. They worked great at first and they're still working but not as well. My problem is I was on diazepam for 8 years for anxiety till over two and a half years ago. So my tolerance must be quite high. I see my GP again in two months, I'd like them up to 5mg 3 times per day but I'm a bit worried about asking. I'm on the lowest dose of co codamol as well. The pain is getting worse, must be due to the weather. An very reluctant to go on amytriptiline or any of the other meds suggested for fibro.
Sorry just rambling. I'm starting to struggle with it just now tbh
X
pinky1
UKFM Member

Postby Flash » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:27 am

Hi Pinky, you're probably right about being used to diazapam, it seems to be the same with most meds. I was given amytrip' a few years ago but they stopped me weeing so well and I put weight on so like you would be reluctant to try again. I stopped co-dydromol as it made me constipated amoungst other things so am now using paracetomol and diazapam and the co-dy's when at my worse. It's not great but there's not a lot of choice at the moment. I have had a stomache ulcer and have asthma so have to watch what I take.

I think we are all in the same boat, trying to find a relief that works long term with few side effects, Have a word with your GP, tell him/her any worries you have, it's your body after all. I hope between you, you can come up with a suitable regime.

Take care and :goodluck1:
Flash
UKFM Member

Diazepam

Postby pinky1 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:12 am

pinky1
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Treatments & Medication