[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Anyone heard of Distaltab injections?

Anyone heard of Distaltab injections?

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Purpledot » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:08 pm

I have very recently been diagnosed with FM, and a friend of mine says her mother was diagnosed a few years ago and was given regular injections of something called Distaltab. She said these injections made all her symptoms disappear, including the fatigue, dizziness, fibro-fog, as well as the pain. She had a few of these and then stopped, and has been symptom free ever since.

I have no reason to disbelieve this person, but this just sounds too good to be true and I have never heard of Distaltab.

Can anyone enlighten me??
Purpledot
UKFM Member

Re: Anyone heard of Distaltab injections?

Postby Iceskatemum » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:27 am

Have used Mr Google to see if I could find any meds that seem to fit your description but nothing comes up . nearest result is for resetting bones!
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby DonnaLily » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:12 pm

Blimey if that were the case we'd all be running down to have it, strikes me that maybe it wasn't fibro? I couldn't find anything on the google machine either :-(
Donna xx

DonnaLily
UKFM Member

Postby millymoodoo » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:22 pm

Hi

I wonder if this drug was an alternative medicine, but whatever it was i am sure that if it wiped oout all the problems we get from fibro there would be one almighty que for this drug!!! I have googled it and cant find anything about this so called wonder drug!!! If only, i wish!!!!!

Milly xxx :-)
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby Purpledot » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:17 pm

Just as I thought. Far too good to be true! Bit embarrassing, as can't really question my friend as it will seem as if I don't believe her Mum, and her Mum thought she was really helping me, too!

Oh well.........
Purpledot
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:26 pm

Hi purpledot

As of yet there is no cure for fibro :( so maybe your friends mum did not have fibro to begin with. I tried looking it up but could not find anything on the injections but if they did cure fibro then the docs would be giving them to us and saving the NHS lots of money from all the meds we use and we would be able to go back to work.

I would love to be pain free and go back to work was it her gp that gave her these injections?
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Treatments & Medication