[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Tramadol and Cocodamol

Tramadol and Cocodamol

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Tramadol and Cocodamol

Postby sknowles456 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:16 pm

Hello does anyone take tramadol and cocodamol together? i need to take cocodamol 30/500 for my severe ibs, otherwise i have no control over my bowels but i have found that tramadol really helps with my fm, a locum doctor said i could not take both as i would develop an opiate addiction, my pharmacist said i could just take half the dose of tramadol with the full dose of cocodamol and i am waiting to see my gp about it all to ask him to prescribe me more tramadol as i am running out. they are ok with me taking oromorph with the cocodamol so i dont know why i cannot take tramadol as well so i dont need to take the oromorph. Confused, any feedback most welcome! x
sknowles456
UKFM Member

Re: Tramadol and Cocodamol

Postby Iceskatemum » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:23 pm

I too have been told I can't take Tramadol with other drugs and had to decide if I kept co-codamol or tramadol on a repeat. As tramadol is just for the really bad days ( I am also on a patch) I choose cocodamol. I never used to have this problem and would have alternated them every other repeat script . I would go with the pharmacists advice as they are more used to dealing with drug interactions .

Good luck
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby babajane32 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:32 pm

I take 400mg tramadol and 8 x co codamol a day plus others like amatryptaline 100mg etc, my doc has said they can be addictive,but am on max tramadol for life so why worry about it :/
babajane32
UKFM Member

Tramadol and Cocodamol

Postby kathmoore1 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:10 pm

I must have a brilliant doctor as I used to take cocodol and tramodol together as well as diazepam etc. I stopped the cocodol after a while though because I got too used to them. I now use 8 tramodol and 4 diazepam a day as top ups for my other meds. My problem is that I get used to the med so they stop having any effect.
kathmoore1
UKFM Member

Postby jom2774 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:06 pm

I have a great GP too and I have both co-codam[url][/url]ol and tramadol on repeat prescription. I mainly take tramadol but every few weeks, I come off one and go onto co-codamol so I don't get too used to them and lose benefit. Also so I don't get addicted. my GP figures too that us lot with fibro are desperate to be better that we would not get addicted as much as others who take strong pain killers.
On a good note am on my 2nd week of Pregabalin and withdrawal of amitriptyline. Everyone, even my 11 year old, has commented that I am starting to look a lot better, am losing that grey tinge. I feel better in myself, although still in pain and tired and have started to lose weight.
Felt falling over drunk when 1st started on them but this subsided quite quickly, suppose due to having diazepam regularly and oramorph for flares.
Quite happy for once. :lol:
jom2774
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:42 pm

Wow jom2774 loosing weight on pregabalin lucky you ,if it says may gain weight on any med , I'm the 10% that does!

Good luck with the change over hope you keep well
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby misty666red » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:12 am

Hello never written on here before but i have had Fibromyagia about 15 years...taken every pain killer under the sun.
But they keep taking them off the market..now on Tramadol..well hopefully not for long. i have discovered 5HTP serotonin uptake.
this is fantastic have not taken any pain meds for 3 days..before this could hardly move my arms they were so painful..and last time
went to docs was my legs could hardly walk...well hey presto feel great!!!!. i love to dance and last night went bellydancing which i use to
love...have read everything up on this and you cannot take pain meds with this...they say it will help fibromyalgia and it does.
I have been so miserable for such a long time..but now must find out how long can take this..it is like everything i expect it has
it's downside.
I just wanted to tell people about this..
And helps you sleep...they are not cheap but i would rather have a life and pay the price.
So if you can give it a bash.
I am 67 years old and have been robbed of the years i should be enjoying myself so hopefully this feeling will last.
Take care everyone.
Sandiex
misty666red
UKFM Newbie

Postby jom2774 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:47 am

Thank you. Think I may be the one in a 1000 people that has decreased appetite on Pregabalin. Amitriptyline has made me go from a size 10 to size 14, bordering on 16 in 18 months. So even if I just lose a few pounds and stay in the 14, will feel better as I have a really small frame and getting sick of people asking me when I am due.
Excuse this but am peeing for England, so shows the water retention and going to toilet again without further help. Soam glad the Amitriptyline has been got rid of. So many people I know with different conditions all report hugh weight gain in a couple of weeks.Glad I now know of alternatives.
Thank you all for your support. :-D
jom2774
UKFM Member

Postby sknowles456 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:33 pm

Babajane i am taking 8 cocodamol 30/500s and 6 tramadol 50mgs a day, i dont take them at the same time i space them out every couple of hours, need to see my GP on friday, gonna tell him that i know of other people who take both and see what he says. x
sknowles456
UKFM Member

Postby thebryans » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:43 pm

Hi,
I don't take them with co-codamol but do with paracetamol, I have 2x 500ml paracetamol, and 2x50ml tramadol taken at the same time upto 4 times a day, plus all my other pain meds, ( 2 x pregabalin, and 1 etoricxib each day ) its the only way to reduce to pain to a managable level,
xx loraine xx
thebryans
UKFM Member

Postby sknowles456 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:23 pm

well went to my gp and he has refused to let me take tramadol and cocodamol tomorrow, have had to stick with cocodamol for my ibs. i have just got back on my anti depressant and he says let that kick in and then he may think about gabapentin to help with the fibro pain.
sknowles456
UKFM Member

Postby Mmartin1326 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:24 pm

I have not been diagnosed with fibromyalgia but I take 30/500 co-codamol 8 aday and 6 tramadol a day I have checked with my GP and he said that it is ok to take together I am also on citlopram anti depressants 20mg which I take once a day.
I have asked the doctor about the addiction but we have both agreed that the first painkiller I will reduce will be the tramadol which I am doing as I was taking the maximum a day of 8.i take the painkillers mainly for a bad back but since I have started getting the symptoms of fibro I do find that if I am aching all over especially in the mornings 2 co-codamol & 2 tramadol do ease the pain/ ache at the moment I am having tests as my doctor is not sure if I have fibro x
Mmartin1326
UKFM Newbie

Postby Whiplashsal » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:41 am

my doc has also given me both cocodamol 30/500 on repeat and Tramadol 50s. On top of that i also have 300mg slow release Tramadol and 50mg of amitryptalene daily! i worry as sometimes they don't even take the edge off my pain! Im struggling with the weather and forcing myself thru fatigue to try and live a normal life! my hips and knees and feet are constantly screaming and i feel like something is trying to burrow into my muscles on my thighs! Pain is reduced when i lie down! Im dead worried about everything, i don't think my meds are right but i keep get given more and more! :-( Im trying to sleep now but Im too sore and exhausted and Im having some terribly horrid and vivid dreams! if the pain isn't being reduced, why am i still taking them and what else can they offer?
Whiplashsal
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication