[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Magnesium Infusions

Magnesium Infusions

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Magnesium Infusions

Postby TATT » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:35 pm

Hi Everyone,

I went to pain clinic today to ask again about LDN doctor is going to check and I am seeing him again next week.

He told me about a doctor in Cardiff who's wife had Fibro and had magnesium infusions along with lifestyle changes and she is now pain free. It's private and he is finding the number for me for next week.

Has anyone heard or had these ? There not lidocaine there magnesium.

Thx Tatt x
TATT
UKFM Member

Re: Magnesium Infusions

Postby denys » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:42 pm

No sorry never had them, if you manage to get them :fingerscrossed: you get some relief will be interesting to hear about any results :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:29 pm

Hi
I have never had them, i am sure i have heard of them, do a search for them in the search box (upper right side) and see if anything comes up.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby AngieR » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:52 am

Hi TATT. I had magnesium injections from a welsh doctor privately - Professor Davies - who runs a private practice and works at Guys hospital. The problem with magnesium is that it affects your bowels and the last time I visited him I asked not to have the injection as I knew there would be one time when my train was delayed and I wouldn't get home before all hell broke loose (as it were) :nono:

I only saw him privately a few times and am now registered via NHS. From the research I have done, Magnesium seems to be a very important mineral for all kinds of things including neurotransmission and things like anxiety and pain. I was told by a nutritionist friend that it would help but to make sure I bought Magnesium Malate and from a decent source - not off the high street. I bought from the NutriCentre. It does make me have to visit the loo pretty sharpish sometimes but having stopped taking it after about four weeks of taking it (hope that makes sense?) to prevent "frequency" and save on loo paper :oops: , I have now realised that I feel worse than I felt when I was taking it; my tender spots are all very tender, I have no energy again and my back and legs ache like hell. So, I have taken one again this morning as the trade in is it worth it and I will never need colonic irrigation :crazy:

Hope that helps!

Angie
AngieR
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication