[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - How long?

How long?

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

How long?

Postby charley » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:47 am

Hey everyone, hope you are all ok and not feeling too bad from the horrible weather!
Seeing as I'm sat here at nearly 4am still wide awake I was just wondering what everyone's opinion was on how long I should give this higher dose of amytriptiline I've been put on? The Dr. upped my dose about a month ago and I'm still finding that I'm spending a lot of nights wide awake until really silly hours.....
charley
UKFM Member

Re: How long?

Postby linoak90 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:04 am

Hi Charley I'm pretty much the same sat here feeling rough as pig poo but unable to sleep I'm on 50 mg amitriptyline I also 7mg of zopiclone but still here I sit lol. Hope you get some sleep tonight.

Love to all.

Lin. X
linoak90
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:58 am

I told the Dr to take me off amitriptyline as its a waste of time, although i did sleep more than i were doing it sent me to the edge of insanity. If it's not working try something else or accept you don't sleep.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby poocarlin » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:15 am

I feel like i have never slept properly in my life. Until..... I was started on Pregabalin. Now i sleep. It's lovely. Still in pain but sleep makes it more bearable? Gabapentin is crap however. Both have side effects but Gabapentins were just awful. Pregabalins they wear off a bit then you up it a bit, then they wear off and you up it etc etc. Definitely helps my sleep. Amitriptyline did nothing for me and Zopiclone i've had in the past gave me a 'hangover' type thing the next day and only worked for a few days at a time. Good luck. Sharon. X
poocarlin
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:43 am

When I was on Amis and had a change in dosage I'd give it 3~4 weeks to let it get into my system and see how I went on with it.

Having been in a similar position too many times, I'd think about going back to see your GP charley. It could be it isn't quite the right dosage for you and a bit more of an increase does the job. Or you may find that a swap to something else is what you need.

Sent with lots of love from LaaLaaLand xx

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby charley » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:26 am

Oh no I hope you got some sleep in the end Lin!!!
Dr.s don't really want to put me on anything else because of my age, they think I'm too young to be put on anything else!
Thanks for the advice guys :) Will pop into the medical centre to book an appointment :)
charley
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:07 pm

Hi
How long have you been taking ami`s & zop`s? your body has prob got used to them and is no longer working, go back to see your gp, he will either increase your dose or change your meds over.

I used to take 100mg of ami`s but now on 75mg, i dont feel they do nothing for me, my gp does change them but i always end up back on them but keep having to increase the dose.
I also take 7.5mg of zop`s but dont like to take them every night, i will get 3/4 hrs sleep on them.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Treatments & Medication