[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Ouch physio!!!

Ouch physio!!!

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Ouch physio!!!

Postby DonnaLily » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:08 pm

Hi all,

I had my first physio appt today, he thinks my main complaint of hip pain is sciatic nerve issues, he wants to concentrate on that first then look into the fibro side of things and is going to suggest my gp sends me to a rheumy for discussions about the fibro and meds etc, he's not 100% agreeable that GP's have the training required to deal with and diagnose such a complex condition...I have to say I kind of agree, in most cases.

He's given me three exercises to do daily, and I started off the day with no hip pain, yet now I've done my exercises I'm in lots of pain! Grrr

Donna xx

DonnaLily
UKFM Member

Re: Ouch physio!!!

Postby ouchisme » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:18 pm

if its pain that at you can cope with i'd try and stick with it. Me and physio don't get on at all. Got to the point that 'we don't do it' any more :lol: Thats my 2nd county that i've proven i shouldn't even try the basics :lol:

hope we chat again soon
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby gimpyphil » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:52 am

Hi,I found the water therapy great,they get you to exercise but as the water takes your weight out of it,you can move better,NHS only let you have about 5 sessions.I have since moved out of London and finding it hard to find anywhere down where I am that does it.Just a thought.
Phil,
gimpyphil
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:38 pm

:fingerscrossed: the physio will help you, it works for some but not for others but its worth keeping with it for a couple of weeks. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Treatments & Medication