Tramadol side effects

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Tramadol side effects

Postby Chel_82 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:53 am

Hi guys I don't post on here often but I am always here. Anyhow been having problems trying to find medication that works for me since

being diagnosed in January. Recently started Gabapentin which so far and working well but was taking them with co-codamol which did

nothing for my pain, so my doctor has given me Tramadol. I have found that they do actually help with some of the pain but I have developed

a problem urinating and not sure if it's a side effect of the Tramadol and if I should stop it or not? Basically when I go to wee it takes me

ages to start and then it's like a stop start thing and I have to push alot to get it all out. Has anyone else had this with tramadol? Do I stop

taking it or is it a side effect that will ease off the more I take it? My doctor is away next week and I don't trust any other doctor so will have

to wait to see her but any advice would be grateful. Thanks Michelle x
Chel_82
UKFM Member

Re: Tramadol side effects

Postby lisaward127 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:07 pm

Hello Hun, I had exactly the same problem and was taken off Tramadol, you should speak to your GP and see what they say. Good luck with treatment. xxx
Lisa Ward
lisaward127
UKFM Member

Postby Lemonzest2012 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:38 pm

I'm a guy and I also noticed pee & poo problems in tramadol but I wont change for the world, just drink more and eat more fiber :)
Lemonzest2012
UKFM Member

Postby tigger2012 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:53 pm

I found by irritable bowl & bladder got a lot better when I stopped tramadol. When I was on it I noticed cutting caffeine helped with the bladder.
tigger2012
UKFM Member

Postby Chel_82 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:50 pm

Thanks everyone it's not a huge problem but I just don't want it to cause a more serious problem if I am not passing enough urine, if that

makes sense? Really gutted as actually thought I had found a combination that worked, is it any different if I take the slow release Tramadol?

or are they just the same?

Thanks again Michelle x
Chel_82
UKFM Member

Postby wanderingstar » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:09 pm

Hi Michelle,

My pain management doctor took me off Tramadol as they don't work very well for FMS after a while. She put me on Duloxetine 60mg and back on the Co-codamol as well as the Gabapentin 300mg 4 x 3 times a day, i have to say after only 3 weeks i am noticing a difference in the IBS symptoms as well as that i no longer have mountains and valleys of pain, just small hills which is much better to live with :)

Shell xx
wanderingstar
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication