[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Alchohol in Oromorph

Alchohol in Oromorph

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Alchohol in Oromorph

Postby sknowles456 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:21 pm

I had a shock yesterday, i am a recovering alcoholic and have been teetoal since May following a near death experience with pancreatitis. Anyway i go to a weekly support group where they breathalise you each week. This week i failed my breath test much to my embarrassment, but i hadnt had a drink but i had taken some oromorph shortly before, i explained this and although they had never heard of it they let me stay for the group. Anyway i got home and looked at the leaflet and it says it does have alcohol in it! and my reading was nearly 2 units after just one dose! Am gonna have to make sure i dont take it anymore before groups but i am now worried if it has alcohol in it will it affect my pancreas, i take approxc 2 to 3 doses a day, but i rely on oromorph for the really bad pain of my fibro and ibs. what should i do?
sknowles456
UKFM Member

Re: Alchohol in Oromorph

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:49 pm

You need to talk to your GP about this. I would have thought that something would have flagged this potential problem up when you were given the oramorph, esp with what you have said about your previous history.

I can't even begin to imagine how you must have felt when you got your reading at your group meeting.

Hope there is something that you can do or have so it doesn't affect future tests/readings.

Sent with lots of love from LaaLaaLand xx

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Iceskatemum » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:16 pm

What a horrid thing to happen to you , I can't begin to imagine how you felt at your group especially when you knew you had done nothing wrong.

I am continually amazed at how little some doctors know about the drugs they prescribe.

I know that with computerisation they probably have some sort of programme on thier computers that show when there would be a difficulty with drug interaction but would have thought they would also have something that could flag potential problems if patients had an intolerance or difficulty with certain ingredients .

Hope you get something to help with the pain that does not effect your readings and gives you some relief.

For others on this medication might be something to think about if they do have a drink over Christmas as even one drink + Oromorph might put you over the limit.

Take care and good detective work :-D
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby masonsbarms » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:55 pm

hi just wanted to say very well done for doing so well,
i know that it isnt an easy thing to do but you have done anazing so far and i hope you continue to do so,

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby monica » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:56 pm

That's dreadful!! You must have felt so shocked. I hope the Doctors can precribe something else for you, preferably without Alchohol!
monica
UKFM Member

Alchohol in Oromorph

Postby Ragdoll3 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:14 pm

Well done for doing so well. If your GP surgery is computerised a warning box will come on screen which they have got to acknowledge to go any further. I hake oramorph but also take MST (morphine sulphate tablets) slow release. I'm wondering if this would be better for you. Unfortunately I don't have a leaflet to hand as I use a nomad for my tablets. You could maybe try looking it up online and speak with your doctor. Good luck x

Sent from my iPhone
Ragdoll3
UKFM Newbie

Return to Treatments & Medication