[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Nortriptyline keeps me awake..

Nortriptyline keeps me awake..

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby lisaward127 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:34 pm

Gentle hugs to you all for Christmas and a pain free new year, I did a search on this topic and could not find one so thought I will ask. I have been on Amatriptiline for a few weeks and found them to strong, I just didn't wake up in the day, I started using Nortriptyline and been on them for a few weeks now, I simply can't sleep with them, sleeping is a big problem for me as I am sure a lot you are. I take 75mg at night and I feel they make me feel high and hyperactive, ones I fall asleep after hours of doing all sorts of relaxation and breathing, I don't sleep long about an hour or two and feel a bit of a hangover from the tablet. It this don't last long.

Was wondering if anyone have had the same experience?

Love Lisa
Lisa Ward
lisaward127
UKFM Member

Re: Nortriptyline keeps me awake..

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:11 pm

What dosage did you start off on with the noris?? With you saying you're taking 75mg, I wondered if you were on a similar dose to what you took when on amis.

I haven't found that they keep me awake, that tends to be other things (but that's for a different thread :shock: :-? ) When I swapped from amis to noris, my GP told me to start again from scratch, see how things went on, and increase as/when/if necessary until I found the effective level for me. The highest I got to with the amis was 70~80mg, depending on how things were, whereas with the noris I tend to stick at 50mg with an occasional night where I need an extra one when things are really flaring up.

I'm wondering if what you're currently taking is a bit too high for you, and is what is causing you to stay awake. A word with your friendly, neighbourhood pharmacist might be able help with an answer, as might a word with your GP.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby froggy72 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:16 pm

merry christmas every one have a healthy happy 2013 xxx love and big gental hugs xxxxx :wine:
froggy72
UKFM Member

Postby lisaward127 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:22 pm

Hello Hun, I started on 75mg I take three 25mg tablets, I was going to speak to my local chemist and ask for advice as soon as they are open. Maybe I will take 50mg tonight and see how I get on. Thank you for the reply, I also have painful scoliosis that the FM make a lot worse than it should be and this keeps me awake but last few days I felt different mentally if you know what I mean.

Hugs Lisa
Lisa Ward
lisaward127
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:58 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: keeps me awake..

Postby fibrobilly » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:35 pm

Nortriptyline did not work for me at all I was on 50mg, started on Amitrip same dose and after 8yrs am now on 100mg, but wake up about every 4hrs,and do not feel dopey when i get up.
Take care
John H
fibrobilly
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:26 pm

I couldnt take either Ami's or Nori's so am on Lyrica, as Flup has said maybe adjusting the dose plus getting advice might just sort out the problem for you :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby lisaward127 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:38 pm

Hi guys, darlings I did it, I was so tired that my eyes burned just keeping them open after a few days of no sleep, at 9:30 I got ready for bed and had 50mg of the Nortriptiline and fell asleep, I woke up needing to go to the toilet, when I returned I thought should I check the time or not, I avoid checking the time as It makes it worse when I realise I have only slept 30min. So I did check anyway and it was 5:30 in the morning I was so happy that I actually slept through the nigh, so needless to say I feel better today and hope that I have at least a few good nights.

Thanks for all your support and advice and I wish you all a Merry Christmas and pain free New Year.

Lisa
Lisa Ward
lisaward127
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:14 pm

Glad you managed to catch some sleepies Lisa, hope you keep having some decent nights :mrgreen: