Trouble with reflexology

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Trouble with reflexology

Postby linedancer99 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:58 pm

Hi again,

I have been having regular reflexology for ages. Suddenly 4 treatments back I came over all weird, thought I was going to pass out. This has happened before, not with reflexology, years ago and has always been ptu down to panic attack or nerves. It happened a few more times, on a lesser scale, at different places. Difficult to explain, the person I am talking to seems more pronounced, bit like I am out of sync. :-? Doc said it was postural blood pressure and reduced my dosulepin meds. things gradually got better, it's been about 3 weeks now, but still not right at reflexology. got less and less though, today I felt much better until nearly the end and my "head went fuuny again". :crazy: Not for long but continued on & off while I was at a friends.
My therapist doesn't think it is the treatment and I don't think so either, unless its a fibro thing. Does anyone else have problems?
linedancer99
UKFM Member

Re: Trouble with reflexology

Postby Beccie42 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:52 pm

Have you had a cold or sinus problems recently? I used to have reflexology regularly and whenever I was suffering with a head cold I used to get a bit like you describe. Its difficult to say but reflexology can have an impact on all kinds of things.
Beccie42
UKFM Member

Postby linedancer99 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:38 pm

Hi, no not got a cold. Have no idea what is going on, I rang my therapist and said I was going to have a break for a while and she is quite upset. Not cross just concerned that the treatment made me feel ill. She has advised that I go back to Docs which I will do this week.
linedancer99
UKFM Member

Postby FMEDSKittyWarrior » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:34 am

Since having Fibro I have strange reactions to massage, acupuncture, reflexology and a whole host of other things!!! :yikes:
FMEDSKittyWarrior
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication