[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Cymbalta

Cymbalta

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Cymbalta

Postby countyfan » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:00 pm

Hi All,
Could have sworn I'd seen a post on here about the above topic but what with having a massive bout of depression? related 'FibroFog' I can't seem to find it. Have been cutting down/stopping Prozac & Dosulepin as GP thinks they may be working against each other. After doing some web searching it seems that Cymbalta might have some effect on neuropathic pain, as well as helping with depression and sleep problems. Have any of you had any experience of using this drug and could advise me on whether to suggest I ask GP about it when I see her on Friday.

Thanks in advance and heres to looking forward to a more positive 2013 ;-)
countyfan
UKFM Member

Re: Cymbalta

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:39 pm

There are a number of mentions of it on here. If you use the search function box at the top right of each page and use Duloxetine you should get quite a few references to it.

You've nothing to lose in asking your GP about it and it might be the thing that makes the difference to you. I would imagine that you would need to have come off the other anti~ds before you start a new one. Out of curiosity, have you been reducing the dosages of the ones you're currently taking individually or working on reducing them both at the same time?? Witth what you've said about how you've been feeling, I wondered if the rate at which you were reducing wasn't right for you and it needed slowing a little to give you more time to get used to the lower levels before you go down to the next level.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby countyfan » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:11 pm

Thanks for your reply Fluppy,

Never thought of doing a search D'oh... I'm from the technophobic generation,although have taken to this laptopping Lol!

I have been cutting down and have now actually stopped the Dosulepin- taking Zopiclone temporarily, to help me sleep but really want to stop Prozac (Only on 1 20mg tablet per day but few times I've even cut down to one every other day before, I am more of a gibbering wreck than at the moment - which is hard to imagine).

Roll on Friday, when I can go and have a chat with the GP.

:crazy:
countyfan
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:00 pm

Hi

I have been on Duloxetine for a while now, my gp weaned me off prozac to start it for pain & depression as he told me duloxetine was made for fibro.

I have just increased it from 30mg to 60mg because i felt it was not doing much for me i have been on 60mg for a month now but still not noticed any difference.

Meds affect everyone differently so its are worth giving them a try as they might work for you. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby countyfan » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:21 pm

Shazq,

From looking on net it seemed that Duloxetine was probably the best anti D and as you say, your GP says it's good for use with Fibro so it must be worth a try.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. :-D
countyfan
UKFM Member

Postby countyfan » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:18 am

Just an update re GP visit.

More often I visit this GP the better I see she is. Altho she always runs late that is probably because she takes the time to listen properly. She agreed that Cymbalta was a good option but to also consider Mirtazapine and Trazodone. I still think Cymbalta probably best but wonder if anyone has experience of using the other 2.

Thanks,

Countyfan
countyfan
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:14 pm

Sorry i have not tried the other two but just wanted to wish you :goodluck1: on them. hopefully someone will be along to help you.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby stormguy » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:18 pm

Hello
I have been on 30mg Duloxetine now for around 3months. Having trying an increace to 60mg which i gave a month then back to 30mg as i found it made me abit too tired. I find it helps alot with the pain and stiffness of FM/CF. And as said previously Duloxetine was created for FM. So yeh if your not on it defo ask your GP to consider you giving it a go....

Word of CAUTION!!!!

If like me you ever wondered if you can take alcahol in any amount,think twice as i found out to my cost over the new year lol ..

Regard's

Storm
stormguy
UKFM Newbie

Postby sknowles456 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:43 am

Duloxetine made me very ill and i was rushed into hospital with a major panic attack. Not for me. Suzy
sknowles456
UKFM Member

Postby countyfan » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:31 pm

Thanks for the replies.

I suppose that I won't know how any of them affect me till I try being on the different ones. I have decided against Mirtazapine because of the weight gain side effect. Nothing can be any worse than how I am feeling at the moment. Have just had to leave church early because one of the hymns made me burst into tears.... Have friends praying and concerned for me but they don't have to go into my work situation every day. The doc said things would be worse before they got better as having to stop Fluoxetine after quite a while on it but I'm not sure I can last a fortnight before being able to take Cymbalta!

:-x
countyfan
UKFM Member

Postby dotty lotty » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:40 pm

I have been on it for about 9 months and it has helped my mood (don't now go from being fine to going for your jugular !!). Pain relief aspect it helped for about 6 months till I overdid things on holiday and now am really sore so waiting for gabapentin to take effect (hopefullY)
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby countyfan » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:04 pm

Halfway through withdrawing Prozac but struggling. Had awful week at work and burst into tears at the slightest provocation but told my colleagues it was because they complained I was on so many different drugs that made me try for just using Cymbalta. Was on Gabapentin for a while last year but was so out of it most of the time I couldn't function at work. Hope the Gaba works for you and am praying next week passes quickly, so I can try the Duloxetine asap ;-)
countyfan
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication